Windows Home server 2011 compatibility question
Hello all, I was introduced to xbmc a week or so ago when I saw a friend of mine running through apple tv using his iphone as a remote, it looked really slick and like a convenient/great thing to have. I already have whs 2011 set up on on computer and it has been running pretty nicely for a while now, I would like to see if I can get a version of xbmc running on my server, it is close enough to the tv that I have an HDMI cable going right to it already. This would be a very convenient set up for me and I believe I could use my android phone as a remote.

I saw in the wiki "Windows Home Server and Windows Server are not supported but have been reported to work with some tweaks". I did a quick search and didn't see anything relating to what those tweaks were. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

As far as specs I think I should be fine I am currently running:
CPU: AMD athlon 64x2 5200+
GPU: Nvidia 9600 gt
RAM: 4gb
HDD: 128gb ssd (for os) 5x2tb raid 5 for media storage.
I'm using XBMC with Server 2008 R2 and WHS 2011 is only special version of that. I have made only a couple of tweaks with R2 and everything is working fine.

- Enabled Windows Audio services. These may be enabled by default in WHS 2011.
- Installed BDA driver support (google BDA R2). This is only needed if you are using digital TV tuners with your WHS machine. Again, these may be installed by default in WHS 2011. ...can't remember anymore. Blush
- And of course, installed proper video/audio drivers

That should do it. W2008R2 and WHS 2011 are basically Windows 7 64 bit.
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter

I get an error on start "CApplication:Sad)failed - check log file and that it is writable

I thought there might be something I had to do to fix that...hmmm
(2012-09-27, 03:05)MasterOSkillio Wrote: I get an error on start "CApplication:Sad)failed - check log file and that it is writable

Have you selected run as administrator from the icon?

(2012-09-27, 10:34)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2012-09-27, 03:05)MasterOSkillio Wrote: I get an error on start "CApplication:Sad)failed - check log file and that it is writable

Have you selected run as administrator from the icon?

Yes, and I also made sure the video driver was the latest one from Nvidia, I read something about that being an issue, could there be anything else I am missing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Home server 2011 compatibility question0