Episode Naming Schemes In XBMC?
I have updated this post to help clarify my question.

I have renamed all my TV Shows to this naming scheme:

Example :

True Blood - Season 1\True Blood - 1.1.mkv
True Blood - Season 1\True Blood - 1.2.mkv
True Blood - Season 1\True Blood - 1.3.mkv
True Blood - Season 1\True Blood - 1.9.mkv
True Blood - Season 1\True Blood - 1.10.mkv
True Blood - Season 1\True Blood - 1.11.mkv = (True Blood - s1e11.mkv)

Ancient Aliens - Season 2\Ancient Aliens - 2.1.mkv
Ancient Aliens - Season 2\Ancient Aliens - 2.2.mkv
Ancient Aliens - Season 2\Ancient Aliens - 2.3.mkv
Ancient Aliens - Season 2\Ancient Aliens - 2.9.mkv
Ancient Aliens - Season 2\Ancient Aliens - 2.10.mkv
Ancient Aliens - Season 2\Ancient Aliens - 2.11.mkv = (Ancient Aliens - s2e11.mkv)

And of course I am having problems getting metadata from the scraper.

The scraper works if I change the . to x but xbmc doesn't like it when I try to change the x back to .

Example :
xbmc will read........ True Blood - 1x1.nfo
xbmc will not read.. .True Blood - 1.1.nfo

So really, I just need to get xbmc to read True Blood - 1.1.nfo.

OR

I don't want xbmc to auto name my episode to 1x01. Strange Love

I want the episode named 1.1 - Strange Love
... and xbmc doesn't let you rename the entire episode string.

I checked (http://wiki.xbmc.org/) and saw that it said,
"You can make your own naming conventions / rules by adding or editing regular expressions in the advancedsettings.xml file, with the tvshowmatching tag"

I don't know how to code xml but have tried a few things based on the information provided in the wiki. I've been unable to get anything to work.

The main issue is the file name.... it's not so much a directory issue....

Could someone help me with the advancedsettings.xml file or another way to get this to work?

TIA for any help with this..

The XBMC Wiki provides the information I pasted below.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

Custom directory structure and file names You can make your own naming conventions / rules by adding or editing regular expressions in the advancedsettings.xml file, with the tvshowmatching tag. When enumerating episodes for a series, XBMC only cares about the season and episode, so when designing regexps you should only be concerned with these things.

Here are several common naming schemes and corresponding regexps and examples.

\Season #\## (Season# is at very end of directory name, and filename starts with episode name, neither have to be a specific number of digits) :

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season[\._ ]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>Example : \Battlestar Galactica\Season 3\01 - Occupation.avi (Season 3, Episode 1)

### ([season#][episode#] with nothing in between all in filename, assumes episode number is always 2 digits) :

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>Example : \24\Season 6\601 - 6:00am to 7:00am.avi (Season 6, Episode 1)
Example 2 : \Lost\Season 1\Lost - 101.avi (Season 1, Episode 1)
Example 3 : \24\601 - 6:00am to 7:00am.avi (Season 6, Episode 1)

##x## ([season#]x[episode#] all in filename :

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>Example : \Scrubs\Season 1\1x01.Pilot.avi (Season 1, Episode 1)

If you use leading 0's (for example, \Scrubs\01x01 - Pilot.avi instead of 1x1), and are having difficulty getting the TV Show scraper to work, try

##x## ([season#]x[episode#] all in filename :

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>[0]*([0-9]+)x[0]*([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>Example : \Scrubs\Season 1\01x01.Pilot.avi (Season 1, Episode 1) which simply strips leading 0's from the result.

s##e## (s[season#]e[episode#] at beginning of filename)

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>[\\/]s([0-9]+)e([0-9]+)</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>Example : videos\mytv-comedy\Scrubs\season 1\s01e01 - Pilot (hdtv.xvid).avi

Season ## - Episode ## (Season [season#] - Episode [episode#] in the beginning or middle of filename)

<tvshowmatching>
<regexp>Season ([0-9]+) - Episode ([0-9]+)[^\\/]*</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>Example : TV Shows\Scrubs\Season 1\Scrubs - Season 1 - Episode 01 - Pilot.avi

TV Shows in DVD Folders Using the same directory structures as above, you can name DVD folders by adding the following xml to advancedsettings.xml. This information was gleaned from forum thread http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55497.

<tvshowmatching append="no">
<regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
<regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episode Naming Schemes In XBMC?0