v15 Fanart background scraper
I'm new to Kodi and taught myself a ton. One thing I can't figure out is the fanart scraping for background images. I get all the fanart from my scraper in my library just fine. When I clone my Kodi config, the skin settings do not restore. I know how to point my settings to random fanart, but it asks for a local directory of images. Is there a way I can point it to a URL or addon and automatically pull updated fanart? Thanks
Your question is sort of vague and I'm unsure if your Q is of the skin settings, or setting up of the fanart in the scraper or an add-on like Artwork Downloader. I'm not sure how you are cloning your Kodi config, but if you copy the entire C:\Users\externalnoob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata to a new build you will have your settings intact, although the paths will probably not work. From my understanding there will be some changes in the future in how skin settings are handled and saving of skin configurations will be easily transferable.
That's good to know, thanks!
Back to the fanart, are there any good options for using automatically scraped fanart for background images without having to store files locally?
I don't think so... most of the back-up procedures call for image files stored with the movie folder. The export function does save thumbs of most of the art, and import would work as long as all the paths are the same, but for your interest, paths will not be the same. First scrape in Kodi stores the image in C:\Users\eternalnoob\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails, it's the export that makes the copies to the movie folders.

Beg's the question: What are you trying to do?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart background scraper0