Win Dynamic Brightness Error?
Hi all,

I use XBMC on my HTPC recently (Lenovo Q180), and am so far very satisfied with the program.

However, I have observed recently that sometimes the brightness changes during the movie.

I tried the same movie with VLC and MPC on the HTPC, and since this problem is not seen.
Therefore, I exclude the movie or the TV as a source of error.

I then tested several options in XBMC, and after I disabled hardware acceleration (DXVA2), then the error was gone.
But then the movie is jerky (is this the right word?).

Is this error known, and is there a solution for this?

Best regards,
Shadow128

PS:
Hope the translation is good to read ;-)
Kodi 19.3 Intel NUC7I3BNH [Kaby Lake i3-7100U/HD620 graphics] | Windows 10 - 21H2 [1920x1080/60Hz]
LG OLED65G19 | Yamaha V4A AV-Receiver
I'm just quessing and I assume that you have AMD/ATI graphics card in your HTPC? You should check:

- Catalyst Control Center
--- Video
----- Quality

..and check that "Dynamic Contrast" is NOT selected. It may be in another location, but that depends on the version of your graphics card drivers. I have only selected "use automatic deinterlacing" and "enforce smooth video playback". Everything else is not selected.

(Don't worry. Your english is perfectly understandable. My "english" may be much harder to understand.. Laugh )
Kodi @ Windows Server 2012 R2 | Pulse-Eight USB-CEC Adapter
That was only Googles work ;-)

Your hint helps me :-)
In the Catalyst Center was an option for dynamic contrast. Without that it's looking good.

I thought the whole time, that the driver were ok, cause in VLC/MPC the movie was quite good.

THANKS A LOT!
Kodi 19.3 Intel NUC7I3BNH [Kaby Lake i3-7100U/HD620 graphics] | Windows 10 - 21H2 [1920x1080/60Hz]
LG OLED65G19 | Yamaha V4A AV-Receiver

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dynamic Brightness Error?0