Every movie at the same volume level?
hello everybody,

i hope someone has a answer for this.

but when i play divx movies with the xmbc (with all builds) the volume is very low with some movies.
so i must put the volume on my reciever very loud.
but then the next movie starts and the volume is very loud so must change it again. (i know that the loudness/or low volume causes in the divx is because of the encoding)

and my xbmc volume is also set full.

but is there an option to change this in the xbmc that i maybe overlooked? or is there a plugin/script or anything?
something like dedynamic of auto-gain for the xbmc?
so you can set a level of your volume and when it is to soft it go's automatilicy louder and when to loud it go softer.

because i used that before when watching movies at my pc and with that no changing of the volume everytime the next movie begins.

i hope there is a answer to this.
i think some people will understand me. Smile the horror when you watching a serie about 100 episodes and the vol. changing every episode.

thnx greetz by confusion
if there was a satisfactory way to accomplish this, we would look into it, but the simple fact is, there isn't.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you could write a pyhtonscript that would change the volum if certaint files where played.
but then you would have to go trough the files and setup the volume to each file.

volumcontrol has recently been exposed to xbmc pyhton by nad.
hmmz kee thanx for the info.....
then we just do it like the old time's Smile
well if i fell asleep  Confusedleep: in one off the episode's the next one will wake me up for sure with the volume way up    Shocked  :thumbsup:
maybe someday there will be an option for it (i hope) Smile

greetz by celestial
Quote:but when i play divx movies with the xmbc (with all builds) the volume is very low with some movies.
but then the next movie starts and the volume is very loud so must change it again. (i know that the loudness/or low volume causes in the divx is because of the encoding)

if your reciever support dolby digital then set xbmc to output in dd and activate the nightmode function on the reciver. it's not going to solve your problem by 100% but i have found it useful in similar cases and i use it alot.
what does nightmode function mean anways?
i have this on my z5500's but its not turned on...
(macke2k @ aug. 15 2005,17:19 Wrote:
Quote:but when i play divx movies with the xmbc (with all builds) the volume is very low with some movies.

if your reciever support dolby digital then set xbmc to output in dd and activate the nightmode function on the reciver. it's not going to solve your problem by 100% but i have found it useful in similar cases and i use it alot.
i thought the night mode information must be added to the dd5.1 stream by the author?

my harman kardon manual states that night mode only works on dd5.1 stream and only if the additional night mode information is present in the stream.

bernd
Sad 
@Confusion, it's not realisiticly possible (and should not really be possible either) so this is a m00t discussion in regards to xbmc, because the volume depends on the volume the audio track was encoded to.
first you have the movie-company/editor who makes the audio on a dvd-video in the way they want, meaning you can buy two different original dvd movies and they might have different volumes, then you have the persons who encodes dvd's to divx/xvid, some keep the ac3 track 'as is', other convert it directly to mp3 and downmix it to stereo, while others first uncompress it to pcm and run it through a "dynamic range compression" and/or "normilazation" filter before either encoding it back to ac3 or encode it to mp3 as stereo, (note that most that go through the trouble with "dynamic range compression" and/or "normalization" use diffrenent levels of those to get the result the personaly prefer so the volume will be diffrent on all encodes). you also have to rememeber that not all users have the same audio/speaker setup at home, some use the crappy speakers in their tv while others have expensive surround speakers with an an advanced amplifier-reciever.

the best you could even hope to achive in xbmc would be real-time "dynamic range compression" and "normalization" filters plus a "equalizer" that store the users settings in the database for each movie-file. but note that is three sepearate feature requests and discussions.

ps! though macke2k/endiz/bernd are right, your best of buying a good ac3 5.1 amplifier/reciever and speakers that support 'night-mode' (which is a type of dynamic range compression)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
god has spoken.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Every movie at the same volume level?0