Inspector Morse series not recognized
Hi,

I have successfully added numerous films and tv shows to XBMC but one now has me stumped. I copied its title from TheTVDB.com and used the normal naming conventions:

Inspector Morse.s01e01.mkv

and put them all into a folder named "Inspector Morse".

Fanart for the folder as well as all the usual stuff related to the series as a whole is downloaded correctly but not a single episode is recognised and/or listed. What could be wrong?

PS. I tried several of the other alternative naming conventions as well.
Not sure. I tried it just now with a dummy file named exactly like your example and it worked fine for me. It picked up individual episodes and listed them correctly in the library.

Can you get a debug log (wiki) of when you attempt to scan them into the library?
Try the following:
  1. Select Videos/Files and open the context menu for your "Inspector Morse" folder.
  2. Select "Change content" and on the "Set content" page, ensure the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option is enabled (while here, also verify directory type is "TV show" and scraper is "TVDB.com").
  3. Save the change and open the context menu again.
  4. Select "Scan for new content" and hopefully your episodes will be added.
Thank you al for your quick response and suggestions. Only limited success so far. I did check "Set content" page, and the "Selected folder contains a single TV show" option was enabled and TVDB was the chosen scraper. This is where it becomes interesting. I then accessed the Morse folder remotely using Media Companion and let it do a rescrape. It did and then after updating XMBC the episodes were suddenly there. This worked, presumably because Media Companion added the nfo files to the folder. However, new episodes I copied to it later were not recognised.
That's odd, because I did the same thing as Ned Scott and I even added dummy files for several more episodes from different seasons and they were all scraped correctly into the library and organized by seasons. I didn't need any nfo files.

Morse would suggest having a pint and then doing what Ned mentioned above about posting a debug log (wiki) of your attempt to scan in new episodes.
Ok, I checked the log, and this is what I found:

01:16:42 T:2954383360 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://admin@diskstation/video/Fiction/Inspector Morse/Inspector Morse.s07e02.mkv'
01:16:42 T:2954383360 ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode smb://admin@diskstation/video/Fiction/Inspector Morse/Inspector Morse.s07e02.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.

I have no idea what it means though but I guess I had better do as they say and compare the tag to other series that DO scan properly.
Do you by chance have a tvshow.nfo file in your "Inspector Morse" folder? If so, do you have a <episodeguide> tag in it?

Also, please upload the entire log to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL link to your uploaded log here with your reply.
No I did not have a tvshow.nfo file, but now that I have exported them all I do and it does not have an episodeguide tag. Can I insert that manually?

Sorry about the full log but I am somewhat reluctant to expose that to the world for privacy reasons. Imagine what hackers can do with all those logs on pastebin! If you let me know what part of the log you think is relevant in this context I'll be happy to post it.
Media Companion must have added it.

Delete it and rescan in XBMC.
I deleted the the tvshow.nfo file, but it made no difference. So I then deleted all files and the folder; updated the library; cleaned the library (just to be sure no remnants of Morse were left in the database), created a new folder, copied only the mkv files back in and updated the library again. This time all went well and everything was properly recognised. Could Media Companion have messed things up somewhere along the line?
Sounds likely, I personally don't use media managers anymore since XBMC does the job just fine.
Glad you got it sorted. Have a beer, listen to some Wagner and solve a crossword in honor of Morse. Wink

(2012-09-28, 09:46)jopie Wrote: Sorry about the full log but I am somewhat reluctant to expose that to the world for privacy reasons. Imagine what hackers can do with all those logs on pastebin! If you let me know what part of the log you think is relevant in this context I'll be happy to post it.
FYI for future reference: You could do a global search/replace to mask out private information such as username, log-in ID/Password, IP address, etc. before uploading your log file to pastebin.

Not a bad idea. Thanks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inspector Morse series not recognized0