4.4.4 Unstable - course of action?
Brick 
Should I re-jailbreak, or update the OS then jailbreak?

I’m running APTV 2 with iOS 4.4.4

As of the past 2 months (give or take) xbmc has become increasingly unstable. A quick list of issues:

1Channel disappeared from video add ons page, won’t re-install.
Icefilms will no longer load (e.g. can’t even get into the repo home page).
Navi-x will only allow me to load recents, but gets and error when I try to use the search function and vis versa.
The Giddyup network disappeared and won’t re-install.
Repos like T3 get errors when trying to load recents; only allows me to search.

Not a huge issue, but the only two background images I uploaded have disappeared, now replaced with a black background. The image files are still in the APTV where they always were.

I’ve tried deleting the .zip files off the APTV and reloading them with updated files, but that didn’t change anything. I’m wondering if it would be worth it to update to re-jailbreak at 4.4.4 or upgrade to iOS5 and try it.

Along with Netflix giving me constant errors over the past 2 weeks (only on the aptv), this box has become all but useless.
Just to let you know, we normally don't allow support for 1Channel, Icefilms, etc, but it sounds like your issue isn't with those specifically but some kind of larger issue.

Since you are also getting Netflix issues, I would try rejailbreaking. I would not upgrade because a new update is out (in the last week, iirc) and I don't believe there is a jailbreak for it yet. If the issue was just within XBMC then I would say that maybe erasing your userdata (wiki) folder and the parent XBMC folder (using an SSH client or something like Cyberduck (wiki)) might help weed out corrupt files (it sounds like the addons.db file is corrupt if it won't let you reinstall some add-ons, etc). You might try erasing the XBMC settings folders first, but those shouldn't have an effect on Netflix on the ATV2.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4.4.4 Unstable - course of action? 0