cannot get xbmc to broadcast via upnp on osx
hi all i have a osx 10.7 server, have loaded xbmc on as advised by imediashare to help me use my iphoto and itunes albums better across the air for beaming and reviewing. however i cannot get the xbmc server to broadcast, i can see it from xbmc remote for ipad, i can see it from constellation think these both use http. i have te upnp setting checked in settings along with broadcast through zeroconf. i have been able to airplay from my ipad through imediashare and onto my xbmc server on the imac. but i cannot see the server at all on any other dlna device. i have previously run twonky and have disabled it but not uninstalled it. twonky worked fine but it doesnt show iphoto info correctly so want to try and get xbmc working . any ideas please help . all running on the same wireless lan and no issues with connectivity other than this
hi all am still stuck with this issue, i have twonky and majestic both working and now removed trying to get xbmc working as it looks to be the best option for me. but it wont broadcast. do i need smbup does this make it broadcast or is that a red herring ?
You have to enable System -> Services -> UPnP -> "Share video and music libraries through UPnP"

It will expose your movies and music (not sure about pictures - i think this is not supported yet). So for using XBMC as an UPnP Server you need to scrape your media into the database (search our wiki - its described there).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cannot get xbmc to broadcast via upnp on osx0