audiodelayrange in advancedsetting.xml not having any effect
Since the default audiodelayrange is set to 10s, it is impossible to accurately set the audio delay therefore I wanted to change the slider such that the maximum was 0.5s.
Reading the wikipage has lead me to construct the following advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<subsdelayrange>5</subsdelayrange>
<audiodelayrange>0.2</audiodelayrange>
<usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
<timeseekforward>15</timeseekforward>
<timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
This clearly also does a few other things, neither of which work.

The file is located at:
Code:
C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
And I'm running Windows Server 2008 R2, which should have the exact same path for such things as Win7 would.
In case I made some mistake along the way, I had a look at the log file, to see if XBMC found the file and was able to parse it.
This is what appears in my log file:

Code:
20:25:06 T:2176  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
20:25:06 T:2176  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <video>
                                                <subsdelayrange>5</subsdelayrange>
                                                <audiodelayrange>0.2</audiodelayrange>
                                                <usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
                                                <timeseekforward>15</timeseekforward>
                                                <timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>
                                              </video>
                                            </advancedsettings>

To me that looks like it successfully found and loaded the file, and the settings specified should therefore be in effect.
However, when I play a video and want to change the audio delay, the slider still goes from -10s to +10s. I have also tried specifying the number as as interger, without the decimal point, but the result was the same.

I've have run out of ideas of how to fix this, and now ask for some help!
If I missed some information vital to fixing the issue, ask and I will provide.

Thanks!
That's because the minimum value for audiodelayrange is 10 seconds, and the maximum is 600.
Oh, that was not clear from the wiki page.
Is there any other way I am able to adjust the audio delay with more accuracy than what the slider gives me?
The smallest change I am currently able to make with the slider is 48ms, and I would like if I was able to adjust it on the fly, rather than going into some config file.

If the config file truely is the only way of doing this, where is the file located and what should I look for?
That's rather strange, the step size is hardcoded to 25 ms, but if you want to change it in smaller increments, you can change the <audiodelay> node in guisettings.xml.
Strange indeed. Either way, I have now set the delay correctly in the guisettings file and all is as I want it to be, thanks for your help!
Hi there

I have a delay problem and I'm needing probably 290ms which I put into the AV receiver but I don't want to run it in the AV receiver as my BDP only requires 140ms, I tried to add the advancedsetting.xml
---
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<audiodelayrange>0.29</audiodelayrange>
</video>
<advancedsettings>
---

But the above does no effect to anything whatsoever at all.
Am I doing something wrong?

(2012-10-08, 03:43)zankok Wrote: ---
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<audiodelayrange>0.29</audiodelayrange>
</video>
<advancedsettings>
---

But the above does no effect to anything whatsoever at all.
Am I doing something wrong?

See post #2 above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audiodelayrange in advancedsetting.xml not having any effect0