Android Best Bluetooth dongle for Official XBMC Remote?
I guess I need to get a Bluetooth dongle for my PC so that I can use my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) for the Official XBMC Remote app.
I see that there are different version Bluetooth dongles at Newegg. I did not find any pci type cards for Bluetooth, but I did not look that hard yet, just a quick search.

Newegg only sells 16 different USB Bluetooth adapters. And of those there are Bluetooth versions 1.1, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, and 4.0. With one one 3.0 and one 4.0. But the 4.0 model had very bad reviews, one even stating that its driver automatically installs unwanted software without consent.

Any suggestions for setting up my HTPC with Bluetooth as far as which dongle to get for best range and reception?
All remotes use Wifi / 3G to control, Xbmc does not support bluetooth for remoting.
Ok, so I need to install a WiFi card in my HTPC? I have my HTPCs hardwired.

I do have two routers; one g-signal, and one n-signal setup on my network. But only use the g-signal for a Mac Mini in a kids room. I've actually turned off the n-signal on that router because I'm only using it for distribution and a VPN i have it setup as for using my laptop in public wifi hotspots, but could turn the n-signal back on if I needed to.

Are there direction somewhere on how the Wifi works with the remote or any special setup needed?
The Remote and the HTPC have to be in the same network (or you have to have the correct ports forwarded). As long as they are in the same network, it doesn't matter how the devices are connected.
To get it to work, you have to allow programs on other systems to control xbmc (in xbmc itself under settings->network I think). You also have to enable the option allow control of xbmc via http and then supply the htpcs ip and port to the remote.

That should do it, if not I most probably missed something as I just typed this down from memory :/
Thanks both of you. I used these instructions to get it working:

http://code.google.com/p/android-xbmcrem..._and_later

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Bluetooth dongle for Official XBMC Remote?0