Win Could not download information, Unable to connect to server
Question 
Hithere,

I just started to give XBMC a try.
To my dissapointment I already ran into trouble in the first few minutes.

On scanning folders containing movies, a screen pops-up with the text:
"Could not download information" "Unable to connect to server" "Would You Like To Continue Scanning?"
No additional information or useful options are given at all.

My internet connection works perfectly, and I turned the Windows firewall, and UPnP off.

For a few movies info is retrieved, showing small movieposter instead of default folder icon, but for most it doesn't.

Did I miss some necessary steps or adjustments, or is XBMC still a llittle buggy in this area?

Tia!
Just say yes to "would you like to continue scanning?".

Then when the scan has run its' course, try again. Sometimes you can drop a connection between the scraper and the website databases. Happens rarely to me, but it's never a problem that isn't solved by just trying again.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thnx thrak76,

Yesterday I already did that many times, to hardly any avail.

Today scanning seems to work better, with no 'unable to connect' messages.
Probably then yesterday some 'scrape servers' had problems? Are there any tricks with changing ini, dns, or host files that may help?

Still not a lot movies are being recognized and matched with correct 'poster'. This may have to do with naming, settings, selecting scrapers, etc.
I'll have to do some studying ;-)

edit:
Again some 'unable to connect's'.
I suppose it just means that a scrapeserver is too busy or overloaded.
If that is the case, it would be nice if XBMC could give that info, also mentioning which server is the problem, and mayby suggest another scrapeserver to connect to?

Is there a way to automate this dialog? my internet is a little flakey and it pops up a LOT, if I could just have it ALWAYS continue would be better
Which scraper are you using? Try universal scraper.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could not download information, Unable to connect to server0