Manual 'Add Timer' Failing Silently
It appears that the 'Add Timer' button at the top of the 'Timer' PVR page does display the pop-up to manually enter a date/time/channel to record from, but doesn't seem to do anything when filling in the form and clicking 'OK'. There're no errors in the debug log and no 'Recording Scheduled' message displayed within XBMC itself...
I've checked the XBMC MediaPortal Add-On source and this does appear implemented (unless it's not being called from XBMC)?

Any input would be appreciated!

Using Nightly Build of XBMC from 29th Sep; with the compiled version of the AddOn from the 24th (retrieved from here). Have also tried downloading today's Addon source (from here) and compiling it myself, but still have this issue.

Otherwise - very impressed so far with PVR functionality in XBMC's recent nightlies - fantastic job, devs! Looking forward to bidding WMC farewell once and for all... Wink

Found a work-around for the meantime:
Select the channel you wish to schedule a recording for in the list, open the context menu, select 'Start Recording'. This creates a timer immediately.
Now move over to the 'Timers' list and deactivate this new timer (so it doesn't actually start recording). Set the desired parameters for the recording (date/start time/end time); and re-enable it. Done.

A tad messy (and I saw once or twice the recording stop the following day at the specified 'end time' - 24 hours later Smile !), but it'll do in the meantime!

XBMC + PVR = Awesome.
I have to test this again. It used to work.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks, magro!

Can confirm Alpha 6 still exhibits the same behaviour...

Let me know if I can assist in testing (or in any other way!)

Update: Just tested and I can confirm that your described procedure indeed does not work.
XBMC does not call the AddTimer() function from the addon in this case.
Need to dig further in XBMC itself...
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Updated to Frodo (release) and can confirm that not only is this issue resolved, but I've also massively impressed the missus with XBMC's MediaPortal PVR support. WMC is officially retired.

My pi also makes for an excellent PVR client (using OpenELEC).

Used MP's XMLTV plugin to pull in TV Schedules; we couldn't be happier. I can't believe I ever wasted my time with a physical PVR.

Kudos on an awesome release, devs - the fruits of what was obviously a fortune of work.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manual 'Add Timer' Failing Silently0