Win Spacing/Resolution/Display type issue
Hi Chaps,

Just got given an old Dell by a friend and thought I'd put it to good use and see if I can turn it into a media centre. I've never used XMBC before so your help would much appreciated! I'm not sure if this rig is even beefy enough for what I want it for so this is a bit of an experiment. All I want it to do for now is run Netflix, anything after that is gravy.

I've got XBMC installed and started it up and get this weird display issue (pic below). As you can see it makes reading menu items rather difficult.I haven't managed to find the same problem on the forums. Anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions as to the solution?
Thanks in advance!

XP Home SP3
P4 1.6GHz
512MB
And some currently unidentified and equally dated GPU

Looks like the height of your monitor in comparison to the width is so much that the text scales out of the boxes it lives in.
To test if this is the case, try to press "\" to make XBMC windowed, and then play with the aspect ratio of the window.
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Great, so that was helpful! You seem to be right. Although I can't scale the window to fix the issue completely as it only seems to fix one kind of text at a time. IE I need separate window/aspect positions to fix different text problems. For example see the pics below.
I have been using this tiny square 15" monitor for tinkering purposes at the moment and swapped it out for a rectangle/widescreen shape 17" which gets the same problem.
So even if it is this scaling issue and even if I could fix it by changing the aspect ratio in windowed mode, I obviously can't use it like that, so how would I go about fixing it? Of course I recognise that you suggested that as test and not as a solution, MassIV, and I appreciate your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spacing/Resolution/Display type issue0