Nvidia GTX 670 and 23.976 playback
I've read a LOT of discussions on this topic to know that Nvidia cards have issues with 23.976 output, but unfortunately never found a real solution (especially since most threads were from 2011). With Nvidia's latest 306.23 drivers, what is the best possible way to get perfect 23.976 output with zero dropped frames in XBMC? Does that 23.971 output setting still work or has that changed with the newer drivers? Should I keep XBMC's "auto adjust refresh rate" option turned on? I'd really appreciate the help, since I'm really having problems getting smooth 24p playback on this high-end GPU.
You might want to visit this thread- Perfect playback of 23.976 fps possible with nVidia?

If you have question, you can post it there......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I did post there a few hours ago. Then I got yelled at for posting in a Linux board about Windows, which is why I started one for the Windows support side. Sad
(2012-09-30, 19:10)yanathin Wrote: I did post there a few hours ago. Then I got yelled at for posting in a Linux board about Windows, which is why I started one for the Windows support side. Sad
Sometime, people can be very rough on the net.....Sad

You can check out this thread too- Let's set this straight - No one can do 24p consistently well

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
even 1000$ dedicated bluray players lose frames eventually. So forget about getting 0 lost frames on PC without compromising something else.

With windows7, frodo nightlies, last nvidia drivers, nvidia 520, "Sync to video" on and "sync to display" off I get almost perfect results

What's exactly your problem? do you see the missing frames counter increasing during the playback? (missing frames in the start and when fast forwarding, are to be expected,I think you know that already)
I'm getting some parts every few minutes that look sped up for a split second, most noticeable on pans. This is the result of a frame being skipped. Are sync to video and sync to display only in the nightly builds?
those sync options are also in the stable version.

I only sync the refresh rate to the video refresh rate (you should do that always)

I don't "sync to display" at all, some people does it, but I don't need that (my audio is always in sync with the video). With this last option you will have also some side effects (in terms of reduced audio or video quality).
The article at the following link has a screenshot of custom timing values for a 23.976 frame rate which I've used very successfully with my GTX 560 Ti, using 306.97 and 310.90 drivers.

http://ntreviewz.blogspot.com.au/2012/05...pc_15.html

I'm also using MPC-HC as my media player, and my OS is Win 7.

After years of trying, I finally have completely smooth playback all the way through a movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia GTX 670 and 23.976 playback0