DSPlayer vs MadVR - is MadVR Relavent
So I'm reading about MPC + LAV + MadVR + Reclock and XBMC's internal DS(DirectShow)Player. Is there an appreciable difference between the two? I know LAV allows bitstreaming and from what I've heard about Frodo bitstreaming will be allowed with the new AE. However, will MPC + MadVR still have the leg up on video quality and GPU utilization?

Thanks,
JOe K.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
Yes, it does have a leg up when it comes to video quality. Not sure about GPU utilization.
Will it still have a leg up over Frodo? Or are there no upgrades being done to the internal player of Frodo.

Also, if XBMC is in Exclusive Audio mode with the new AE won't it block the audio to an external player?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
Exclusive mode is no longer an issue, that was adressed in a recent nightly build to allow external players to work again.

I don't think there has been any significant changes to PQ in Frodo, but I might be wrong.
Cool. Would September's alpha (alpha 5) have this fix?

Is there an official feature changelog for Frodo?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
You can check the changelog for individual milestones here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues?mile...ate=closed

Not sure if it made it into alpha 5, might have been after. I'll check if I can find it.
i just went through the git closed and open issues but didn't find much in the way of DSPlayer improvements.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
@sialivi - the external player issue fix for wasapi was just after the September snapshot.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Cool. So October snapshot.

@siaIivi: I take it you use MadVR?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
Not yet, so I won't be much help there. I plan to though. It's unfortunate that there's no way to use it directly with xbmc. The were a DSPlayer branch that allowed that I think, but development was halted a while back.
If you use any post-Eden build you are not using DSPlayer....external codecs and extensions will make no difference.

I would suggest you try stock XBMC from a nightly (be warned some addons may be an issue right now), and if you're not satisfied and really want to use things like LAV etc you have to seek out a DSPlayer build.

You will get bitstreaming with anything XBMC after June, but PQ is something only you can decide on.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-09-30, 19:53)DDDamian Wrote: If you use any post-Eden build you are not using DSPlayer....external codecs and extensions will make no difference.

I would suggest you try stock XBMC from a nightly (be warned some addons may be an issue right now), and if you're not satisfied and really want to use things like LAV etc you have to seek out a DSPlayer build.

You will get bitstreaming with anything XBMC after June, but PQ is something only you can decide on.

What is the new post-eden player, if not DSPlayer?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
Also, will the new player allow for filters. In particular, MadVR?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
There's no new player. The internal player has never allowed for any DirectShow filter because it simply doesn't use any of them. It's a completely different playback system.

To get better picture quality (subjective, but there are real differences with MadVR, one can definitely not care about them, though) you would need for the internal player to use something different from EVR (which is what XBMC is currently using as a renderer, I guess so because acting on the graphic card controls actually makes a difference) and custom filters to be accessible for sharpening, noise reduction, etc.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2012-10-03, 18:30)ashlar Wrote: To get better picture quality you would need for the internal player to use something different from EVR

What would be something different?
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer vs MadVR - is MadVR Relavent 0