Req Change Refresh Rate Only For Long Videos
I'm using CinemaVision and with multiple video bumpers/trailers that are anywhere from 23.976 to 29.97 frames per second. I am using a projector and need KODI to change the refresh rate so that the refresh rate only changes for the feature film, ie, to 1080/24p. A major problem, however, is that the projector takes up to 10 seconds to display a picture if the refresh rate is changed by a player. Since the video bumpers and trailers are 23.976, 25 and 29.97 fps and anywhere from a few seconds to 2.5 minutes in length, each time KODI attempts to change the refresh rate results in significant portions (if not all) of a video bumper and trailer not showing on screen. Is there any way to add a feature whereby we can tell KODI to only change the refresh rate for videos that are, for example, 5 minutes or longer?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
I've got a projector that takes some time to switch refresh rates, too, and I'd also rather not deal with the delay for some videos.

I've looked into it a bit, and the JSON-RPC API does have a way to change this option, with the method Settings.SetSettingValue, param "setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", so CinemaVision could read the selected value with Settings.GetSettingValue, set it to 0, play the pre-roll videos, and then set it back before starting the main attraction. I haven't actually poked around with it so I can't say much about how it works, and I'm not sure how well it fits into a playlist (could an add-on cobble together a listitem that would switch it back to the user-selected option without jerk-stuttering around too much?), but that's something to look in to. It's not in the wiki, but introspection shows it on at least Kodi 15, with the method JSONRPC.Introspect.
I'm not familiar with JSON at all. Have you tried CinemaVision? The editor allows you to add command modules to the sequence. It would be great if we're able to insert a custom command module that enables the "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" setting for KODI immediately preceding the Feature module.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
What's wrong with enabling pause during refresh rate change? Put it to 20 seconds if need be
(2015-09-14, 00:22)MidnightWatcher Wrote: I'm not familiar with JSON at all. Have you tried CinemaVision? The editor allows you to add command modules to the sequence. It would be great if we're able to insert a custom command module that enables the "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" setting for KODI immediately preceding the Feature module.

Hey, that's quite handy! I haven't used CinemaVision, but I can cobble together a couple of those that might do what you want.

adjustrefreshrate_off.cvaction (Put before your preroll trailers/bumpers/etc)
Code:
# Turn off refresh rate sync
http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 0}, "id": 1}

adjustrefreshrate_on.cvaction (Put after your preroll trailers/bumpers/etc, before the feature)
Code:
# Turn on refresh rate sync
http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 2}, "id": 1}

For the second one, if you prefer to have the setting 'Adjust display refresh rate' set to 'Always' rather than 'On start / stop', change the "value": 2 to "value": 1, and you may have to adjust the http: line for your system setup.

(2015-09-14, 02:54)ilovethakush Wrote: What's wrong with enabling pause during refresh rate change? Put it to 20 seconds if need be

Ahh right, I missed that part. I prefer to avoid the delay all together when playing trailers and whatnot, which the above should do.
Hey thanks rmrector, I think that just might work. I'll have to do some testing!
Update: Hey rmrector, looks like this is working quite well. Thanks for taking the time help out, this has made my day. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Refresh Rate Only For Long Videos1