FTR Importing
Does FTR use a database that is exportable? If it does and you can get it to me I probably could modify my SageTV import utility to bring it in.

Martin

(2012-10-01, 03:58)wileecoyote Wrote: I too am very interested in this...

ForTheRecord uses either SQL Server or MySQL. I will PM you a link to my ForTheRecord Database for SQL Server.

Let me know if you need any other information.

(2012-10-01, 04:03)Toricred Wrote: I just PM'd you with a link to my exported xml file. It would be nice to do the MySQL or MS SQL link directly if possible.

Thanks guys, that helps. Toricred simple xml is a lot easier to work with. I can certainly get scheduling (not by channel though) and I bit of a recording history.and with some help from tvdb the list of zap2it that NextPVR needs for duplicate handling. What I would still need is the actual filename and bookmark for resume, and I believe I can get that from either MyVideos60 and MyVideo68.db in userdata/Database

Martin.

(Since there is a nice new sub-forum I thought I'd branch this off)
http://code.google.com/p/forthelibrary/

This might help if all you want is your recordings in a sortet manner
Thanks but that is not what I want.

Martin
Do you think there might be something to test this weekend? I've got a long weekend and would love to spend some of it trying this out.
I am still waiting for someone to send me their xml file and the MyVideo62 68 and now 69 db file

Martin
I missed that. I'll get those put up on dropbox and pm you later today. Sorry.
I just pm'd you with a link to a zip with MyVideo60.db and an xml file. I don't have the other db files.
Ok thanks I am taking a slightly different approach now and getting more from XBMC itself, and will allow for on demand updates and not just a one time import but it won't be too long now.

Martin
If anyone else can provide me with a backup xml from FTR that would be great. Post a link or PM the defails The XBMC importing is straightforward enough so I didn't those, but I'd like to check on how other people are using the FTR rules.

Thanks,

Martin
Any updates? Is there at least a version I could use to import my recurring recordings?
Yes I will send you a version tomorrow. I hoped for other input files to test, but you can at least start giving feedback.

Martin
I have now moved entirely to NextPVR as my back end. Thanks to the tireless efforts of Martin I was able to import all my recurring recordings and my recording history. In case anybody else is interested here are the instructions here.
@Toricred, I checked the logs out that you posted on the NextPVR forum and everything seems to be matching the rules I put in. Did you have concerns (other than SD) yet. I noticed too that you are only getting 8 day of SD data. You should be able to update that to 14 in config.xml if you want.

Martin
I didn't realize that. Other than my EPG updating issue everything is working great. I'm considering changing my EPG updates to use XMLTV files since I already have that working from when I was using FTR.
8-14 is not that big a deal because the recurring recording get erased and re-added daily. The advantage to SD is if you ever have a need to for rules for the actor or director, you'd need UJB's SD utilities. They are aren't widely used though.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FTR Importing0