Is there a built in function to revert to previous video? Or similar?
So, I had a similar thread in the windows specific forum, but working my way through it... the questions have changed and I've muddled the whole thing up. The current question is more non-platform specific, so I'll place it here. My apologies in advance if I've posted too much, or placed this in the wrong forum.

I was trying to figure out a way to use the built in functions to call RTSP/RDP stream (via remote control click), and then be able to use another function to revert back the previous video.

I've gotten as far as:
-used shared directories for SMB shares of .STRM files (//examplesharedirectory/example.strm)
-using a remote button to call the new video (<a mod="ctrl,shift">PlayMedia(smb://examplesharedirectory/example.strm)</a>) in the keyboard.xml file.
- Huh

I can pull up the stream that I want without problem (though I'm not sure if I should be using the ",1" parameter with PlayMedia to enable a preview window). What I'm looking for now is a built in function to stop the current video, and revert back to the previous video. I don't see a single command to do this. Is there a set of commands that I can use to provide the functionality I'm looking for?

I notice that there is a built in command called ActivateWindow (full example ActivateWindow(window[,dir,return]) ) and that this includes a return function. Can this be used for what I am thinking? I haven't tried playing with the ActivateWindow function, or perhaps the ReplaceWindow function (full example ReplaceWindow(window,dir) ). To be honest, I'm not sure I understand the functionality of the ActivateWindow or ReplaceWindow functions... can this be used to call a specific video (via something like ActivateWindow(video,smb://examplesharedirectory/example.strm) ), or is that not the intended function of this, since this function asks for a directory and not a file. Also I notice that there are other windowIDs that can be called via the activatewindow function, such as video, videofiles, fullscreenvideo, videooverlay, videoosd. However, except "video", which seems to have the same suntion as "videofiles" (if I'm reading it right), none of these appear to be what I want.

I feel considerably out of my league here, and honestly I felt pretty proud just to get to the point of the video stream call via a remote button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a built in function to revert to previous video? Or similar?0