Mini HTPC
Hello ladies and gents, I am trying to build my first HTPC and I would like to know if these parts would work well with XBMC. The main requirement is for my HTPC to be able to bitstream lossless audio.

CPU: Intel i5 3570K
Motherboad: Gigabyte Z77 Mini ITX
SSD: Intel 80GB G2
Case: Wesenea mini itx case
PSU: 160W Mini itx PSU with 192W Adapter

Will the selection of parts work well for what I want to do?
well, if your ok with the price tag but,
again, an A6-Pack does it all at a lower cost.
My thought process was that I have a beefy CPU for 4K videos in the future if the HD4000 isn't up to the task.
If you want HD4000 graphics, the i3-3225 would perform the same for XBMC duties at a lower price tag and with a lot less heat. I see with the Gigabyte H77N-WIFI and Z77N-WIFI there is only a $10 difference so it is up to you if $10 could be spent elsewhere. The H77 would be fine since you don't need the overclocking abilities of the Z77.

If you get the i3-3225, for the AC adapter, a 120W AC adapter for the 120W DC power board that comes in the ITX2 would be plenty. Even 90W would be fine. You'd save a good bit of money there too and you would not have to modify the ITX2 case to mount the 4-pin mini-DIN adapter of the 160W power supply.

I love the case, and was wondering how would everything fit in it, and how it handle the heat?
The ITX2 looks very similar to this case that I am building a couple of i3-2120T systems in with the Dynatron K199 CPU cooler.

You'd likely need a low profile cooler such as the Gelid Slim Silence i-Plus or Dynatron K199. It looks like the SSD installs vertically on the side of the ITX2 which saves some headroom. It says ~45mm clearance for the ITX2 including the motherboard so you *might* be able to squeeze a Silverstone NT07-1156 in it. I just started using the Dynatron K199 and I like it for these kinds of case since you can direct the exhaust to the side vent. It remains to be seen how loud it gets though. I haven't had a chance to fully test it out yet. I've found the Gelid to be nice an quiet for my 65W G620 so it should be fine for the 55W i3-3225.

[Edit] Here's a thread about aftermarket coolers and the ITX2: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpos...stcount=28

(2012-10-03, 20:07)deadsix Wrote: Hello ladies and gents, I am trying to build my first HTPC and I would like to know if these parts would work well with XBMC. The main requirement is for my HTPC to be able to bitstream lossless audio.

CPU: Intel i5 3570K
Motherboad: Gigabyte Z77 Mini ITX
SSD: Intel 80GB G2
Case: Wesenea mini itx case
PSU: 160W Mini itx PSU with 192W Adapter

Will the selection of parts work well for what I want to do?
Excellent choice, and you should be able to playback everything with it.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I got a Scythe Kozuti

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini HTPC0