A Scraping Question
I use a media manager to locally scrape .nfo and all the artwork for my collections before I import them into XBMC, but sometimes some things dont get scraped correctly at all, for instance, sometimes the genre/plot is not updated or available at the time of the local scrape, and they get updated on the site at a later stage, one other thing, is the <set> feature, which my media manager does not scrape.

So my question, is it possible to get a XBMC scraper, that goes through the library every now and then, and only goes and downloads the missing information, say for instance <set> or the movies/series that has a missing studio/or plot/genre, etc.

I have gone to the refresh option, but that seems to refresh all the information for movie/show

One other thing, is there a way, to mark multiple movies for refresh? or is the one-by-one refresh the only way?

thanks,
I would recommend using the internal XBMC scrapers over external 3rd party versions (there may have been a time in the past when XBMC scrapers were a little inferior, but that's certainly not the case these days with split scrapers) it's direct and no refresh needed. Of course 3rd party offers editing functions even if most miss the box 'set' tag.

You can limit your auto-scrapes to folders, using the 'change content' function and choose none... then switch it back to a scraper of your choice and it will auto-magically ask you to scan the entire folder or not, or cancel and refresh one at a time. At this time you cannot choose to pick one item tag for refresh.... it's all or nothing.

Within XBMC, refreshing one-by-one is really the only way unless you want to unset and then reset the content for a specific source (then it will refresh that whole source).

I'd suggest just start using the universal scraper that you can get with the official xbmc add-on repository. Customize that to how you want and not deal with an external media manager. If you still want to have nfo files and local artwork, there is always the library export option as separate files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Scraping Question0