• 42(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
(2013-11-30, 22:39)privado Wrote: Was looking to change the selection border colour from blue to red on the main screen, could you tell me where to edit this ?

You'll need to edit Home.xml and create a new Image for the red selector, there's no "inskin" option for that.

(2013-12-04, 07:37)allan87 Wrote: Very nice. For me, what would nail it would be
- the ability to move liveTV to the top row (without deleting multiple preceding items)
- putting the liveTV selections (EPG, Channels, Recordings...) on the shelf.

Thanks!
Arranging Home Icon has always been a goal, but I'm still trying to come up with a slick way of doing it w/out adding 1000000 lines to the code...(same goes for EPG on shelf).
For shelf EPG I'd need to find a way to pass infos from epg lists before they get populated to home. could be doable but It's not a top priority ATM..

Anyway, If you're not going for 100% atv replica, You could try SiO2-X (still in testing phase) , which is (going to be) more customizable, and has the first 2 lines on home showing completely and populating shelf (if you try it you'll notice when on LiveTV shows label EPG TEST on shelf and I hope that will make it in final version!!). In the case of Sio2x I even find LiveTv being on second row useful, since I get there with 1 click from Movies.. so the sequence is: !start XBMC > 1 down > I'm on Livetv! which would be the same of havin it in last position i first row.

Enjoy the Skin!
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Thanks for your response. I didn't mean in shelf EPG, just 4or 5 visible icons for EPG, Recordings, etc. This would make it much more user friendly. One person in 1000 (maybe) would know that you have to press left to get these options.

I have looked at X as well. It is very elegant.
Hi,

Not sure if i am missing something but i am now missing my "poster view" - i am using SI02.

Cheers
Jon
XBMC:
XBMC Frodo running on raspbmc (SI02)
XBMC Frodo running on openELEC (SI02)

Server:
Ubuntu 12.04

(2013-12-06, 12:01)jd_11 Wrote: Hi,

Not sure if i am missing something but i am now missing my "poster view" - i am using SI02.

Cheers
Jon

can You elaborate a little more on that?

Icon view?

(2013-12-04, 16:51)allan87 Wrote: Thanks for your response. I didn't mean in shelf EPG, just 4or 5 visible icons for EPG, Recordings, etc. This would make it much more user friendly. One person in 1000 (maybe) would know that you have to press left to get these options.

I have looked at X as well. It is very elegant.

Thanks,

Why do You say that 1 in 1000 would press left? If you're an xbmc user You should be familiar with sidemenu. Wink
anyhow, I'm working on sio2x ATM, but I'll try to include some kind of shortcuts for EPG.
(and maybe add a hint in LIVETV so many more know the need to press left Wink )
Image Image
(2013-12-04, 16:51)allan87 Wrote: Thanks for your response. I didn't mean in shelf EPG, just 4or 5 visible icons for EPG, Recordings, etc. This would make it much more user friendly. One person in 1000 (maybe) would know that you have to press left to get these options.
In confluence, these (important) sub-choices are visible and clearly available when you are on the Live TV tab (see image - EPG is missing in this image but is shown on the current version).

The unintuitive left-press, common to many XBMC skins, is an interface disaster in my view: We're talking about watching TV. A successful PVR interface means that it should be obvious how to record a program or watch a recorded program, even to someone who has never used XBMC. In my view, there are quite a few interface weaknesses and oddities in in confluence, but the screen below* is an example of where the designers nailed it. It is clean, informative and needs no explanation.

* …disregarding the star and right drawer for favorites, which is one of those interface weaknesses I was mentioning.
(2013-12-06, 18:31)allan87 Wrote:
In confluence, these (important) sub-choices are visible and clearly available when you are on the Live TV tab (see image - EPG is missing in this image but is shown on the current version). This unintuitive left-press, common to many XBMC skins, is an interface disaster in my view: We're talking about watching TV. A successful PVR interface means that it should be obvious how to record a program or watch a recorded program, even to someone who has never used XBMC.

edit: Ok, You meant in Home menu.
ok that's very doable. I'll add a popup window when LIVETV gets selected.
deal. Wink

--I don't really use XBMC to play TV, so for me it's hard to test it deeply.
to be honest I've never seen XBMC as a LiveTv PVR center, and it wasn't even in the core of the program untill Frodo. But as I said, I'd be happy to make PVR users happy even with my skins, so let's see what I can do Wink
I value your advices and would like to work in a way that also satisfies PVR user.
Image Image
I have revised the previous post to add the image and elaborated a bit.

The reason I started using XBMC was because it was a nicer frontend to MythTV than the MythTV frontend. I would suggest that one can't do much better than emulating the functionality shown in the confluence home screen for Live TV. I also suspect that this would be easier for you than trying to add the EPG to the home page.
(2013-12-06, 18:05)fastcolors Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 12:01)jd_11 Wrote: Hi,

Cheers
Jon

can You elaborate a little more on that?

Icon view?

Yes sorry i mean the icon view - the view which shows the folder.jpg (thumbnail) - it is hand when viewing large libraries (2000 movies or 400 tv shows) just not practical using the other views when viewing libraries this big.
XBMC:

Server:
Ubuntu 12.04

do You mean this:

it's there.. you need to switch views.

press left to pull out the menu and change the views until you find it Wink
Image Image
(2013-12-07, 00:36)fastcolors Wrote: do You mean this:

it's there.. you need to switch views.

press left to pull out the menu and change the views until you find it Wink

yes that is the one - it is definitely not in my list i have been through the list quite a few times - it came to my attention last night when my wife asked why i had changed the view (i had't) some how it just did it itself - i have now rebooted and still don't see it - the following are the only view i see when i go through the list

List
Big List
Wide
FanArt
Si02View

and then it goes back to List - i am using version 2.2.7 and this is on a raspbmc system.

Any ideas as to what could have happened.
XBMC:

Server:
Ubuntu 12.04

I don't know what happend.. Icon view has been flushed out of the code!!!
Sorry, I apologize and will upload an update fix ASAP!!!!

my bad!
Image Image
no probs - glad you found the issue - i was starting to wonder what i had done - all good and once again thanks for you time - great skin.
XBMC:

Server:
Ubuntu 12.04

(2013-12-07, 01:24)jd_11 Wrote: no probs - glad you found the issue - i was starting to wonder what i had done - all good and once again thanks for you time - great skin.

Thank You for pointing it out!!

I sent the pull request, should be fixed pretty soon!

edit: FIXED in 2.2.8
Image Image
I just installed a new PC (Win7) and XBMC with skin SIO2. After restart of XBMC there are no images available .... What can be wrong ? And what to do to see all elements of the skin ?

(2013-12-15, 00:11)mhdebokx Wrote: I just installed a new PC (Win7) and XBMC with skin SIO2. After restart of XBMC there are no images available .... What can be wrong ? And what to do to see all elements of the skin ?

some how the file has 0 bytes
c:\Users\gebruiker\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.sio2\media\Textures.xbt
Hi @fastcolors,
I have a question regarding your skin, was hoping for some guidance for a junior skinner since I'm trying to modify something Smile

I've found this property in Includes_Shelf.xml:
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(RecentEpisode.1.Art(tvshow.poster))]
Specifically, I'm talking about the RecentEpisode property. Where does it come from?

The XBMC InfoLabels page in the wiki says that Window(Home) has a few "special" properties, but everything that has to do with episodes is called "LatestEpisode.[1-10]..." and not "RecentEpisode". There, there's no mention of Art(poster), Art(tvshow.poster) or anything like that.
Those "Art(....)" properties exist under "Images available in XBMC". There, I can see those properties as ListItem properties.

When I try to use Window(Home).Property(LatestEpisode.1.Art(poster)), I get nothing.
So it looks like your way of doing it is the right way, the question is - where does this list of items come from? It's not in the specs and I can't even find it in XBMC's code on GitHub...

What's going on?
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19