• 47(current)
Release ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<
(2014-12-23, 08:31)Dalton63841 Wrote: Would it help your development along if you had a 3rd gen AppleTV? I've got one that's been sitting in the bottom of a file cabinet for like a year.

of course it would, since I could first hand work on mimicking the interface. But don't worry I'm already working on it, and I found some good sources.

(2014-12-23, 08:31)Dalton63841 Wrote: I would love the ability to re-organize icon placement on the home screen too! I feel like there was a reason it wasn't feasible though...

this could only be done with an extra addon. I've being trying to achieve this in a easy way and some ideas came along, but they were never "friendly", Ideally I'd like for it to be something easily doable by the end user, or I won't include it.

I Promise I'll keep looking for a way to do it. of course Ideas are welcome.

anybody willing to test the dev ATV3 build can do so here

https://github.com/fastcolors/skin.sio2/tree/ATV3

thanks for the support.

(2014-12-22, 22:26)Steverae Wrote: Mate, sent you a PM with some screen shots hope they're ok for ya - any chance we can get this before xmas, i'm happy to test it in beta form Smile

xmas is in 2 days Confused new years?Wink
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
@fastcolors,

In your DialogKeyboard.xml I found a bug.
I was searching why the text that I was typing was not showing.
So I was looking at this file and in the part of 312 (set below) I found a typo.

<control type="edit" id="312">
<description>Edit Text</description>
<centerleft>960</centerleft>
<top>199</top>
<width>1500</width>
<height>60</height>
<texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
<align>center</align>
<textcolor>black</textcolor>
</control>
in this section textcolor is black, this way you dont set what you are typing, change it to white and then you do.
Great work on the ATV3 skin fast! Maybe make a separate thread. For now the only thing i see is on music videos in the icon view the title below it is offset.
(2014-12-30, 11:59)pd2903 Wrote: @fastcolors,

In your DialogKeyboard.xml I found a bug.
I was searching why the text that I was typing was not showing.
So I was looking at this file and in the part of 312 (set below) I found a typo.

<control type="edit" id="312">
<description>Edit Text</description>
<centerleft>960</centerleft>
<top>199</top>
<width>1500</width>
<height>60</height>
<texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
<texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
<align>center</align>
<textcolor>black</textcolor>
</control>
in this section textcolor is black, this way you dont set what you are typing, change it to white and then you do.

deal.
thanks,

probably I'll set it to default, (i.e. just remove the textcolor tag alltogheter) but thanks for the find!!
Image Image
On the atv3 skin, icons are not showing in the left window when you want to change one.
Also when the keyboard is shown and you type the text is not displayed, so you can't see what you've typed. Maybe the text is in black.
Yeah, the text is black, as you can see from the snapshot of the default keyboard.py above, simply remove the line <textcolor>black</textcolor> and restart, all is good
Hi Fast,
SiO2-ATV3 is also impressive. It's clean, fast and I realized to install it in Helix! Something I missed from SiO2 since I upgraded from Gotham.
What I saw is that in the top shelf, the weather widget text is not aligned with the weather icons. It happens the same at system setup views.
Also, on a fourth row it's impossible seeing the icons text in home screen.
Go on, mate. SiO2's been my skin on all my devices since I found it long time ago.

Best regards.
(2015-01-02, 01:32)blashman Wrote: Hi Fast,
SiO2-ATV3 is also impressive. It's clean, fast and I realized to install it in Helix! Something I missed from SiO2 since I upgraded from Gotham.
What I saw is that in the top shelf, the weather widget text is not aligned with the weather icons. It happens the same at system setup views.
Also, on a fourth row it's impossible seeing the icons text in home screen.
Go on, mate. SiO2's been my skin on all my devices since I found it long time ago.

Best regards.

please test latest ATV3 git. the addressed issues should've been fixed.

Thanks for your help!
Image Image
Yes, Fast, we've nearly got it.
Still something strange at settings screens Whatever screen you choose (Appearance, videos, music..) the top ribbon menu movement is not normal. If you go to the right, the options leave the screen to the left.
At the icon view, the text is not aligned with the icons.
At home customization screen, the screen title appears at a corner and it's not visible.
Now, on an aTV:
At skin settings clock option and the whole home customization screen, if you disable something the skin doesn't show the off message.
At home screen, third icon in the second row does not have any colored tile.
Font13 on a tv, is really small; add ons using it as dixiedean's ontapp are difficult to work with. I made a test with a size 28 and seems perfect for me.

Solved this, in my opinion you'll have another hit!
Hey Fast, thanks for the update. On the music and music videos page with icon view the text below is not aligned. On music videos you can maybe use the same height and width as on movies as it are dvd covers. Also all of the title below the cover are displayed and are scrolling. Maybe better to do it like on movies also (title only display when hover).

In the homepage customizer when you want to change icon you can't see the icon on the left side (you only see the standard clown fish).
(2015-01-03, 02:03)blashman Wrote: At home screen, third icon in the second row does not have any colored tile.

can you post a screen?
is it a custom one? or one of the default?

(2015-01-03, 02:03)blashman Wrote: Font13 on a tv, is really small; add ons using it as dixiedean's ontapp are difficult to work with. I made a test with a size 28 and seems perfect for me.

will increase.

(2015-01-03, 02:03)blashman Wrote: Solved this, in my opinion you'll have another hit!

thanks for considering the previous one a hit. Smile

cheers and thanks of the help

@rridder
will try to change music video icon view around.
and fix the icon browser
Image Image
please test ATV3 branch.
Image Image
(2015-01-03, 22:44)fastcolors Wrote: [quote='blashman' pid='1878641' dateline='1420243408']
At home screen, third icon in the second row does not have any colored tile.

can you post a screen?
is it a custom one? or one of the default?

the issue comes when you try customizing the icon with whatever image.

The problem with the top ribbon on settings screen persists.
The alignment at icons view is still wrong. Take a look at icons view on episodes screen for whatever tvshow.
Text on the home customization screen is solved.
On aTV, the home customization screen is still not showing the message off.
On aTV, the font13 is now perfect. Clock font a little bit bigger would be also nicer.
On aTV, when trying uninstall an add-on linked to another one, the info message advising you it's not possible, is not shown.

Thanks for your work mate. This skin is magnificent.
(2015-01-04, 11:59)blashman Wrote: On aTV, the home customization screen is still not showing the message off.

can you better explain the issue?
Image Image
(2015-01-04, 11:59)blashman Wrote: On aTV, when trying uninstall an add-on linked to another one, the info message advising you it's not possible, is not shown.

is it a notification?

updated ATV3 branch. still missing the last 2, but please test so far.
Image Image
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATv Style Skin >> SiO2 <<19