Req Share (in context menu)
(2012-10-12, 01:24)Robotica Wrote:
(2012-10-05, 21:59)topfs2 Wrote:
(2012-10-04, 22:27)Robotica Wrote: and do you like the concept of giving a better user experience, sharing/publish from library? I think this is a minor effort to benefit a lot of users...

Patches welcome...

Maybe it's better to link back in the pr to this topic which is discussing the feature request.

I'm not sure what your refering too but if you use words like "minor" when it comes to code I think its better to give a pull request which has code in it ...
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
yeah great...
thnx. Hopefully some online resources also end up there.
and i think that's a bigger effort..
and as you might have noticed my focus is not on code or features. I prefer governance and other stuff
(2012-10-04, 22:46)Robotica Wrote: addons do all the work.. They just need to have an option to to integrate with "share". Xbmc needs an option and a bit logic to pass the source file location back to the addon.
If addons use their addons.xml to register (share=true) they can pop up in the share context menu, in their area(video, music, picture). Then, the filepath is passed to the addon and the addon can do the rest..
With an extra addon setting this feature can also turned off. I think this solution is a great opportunity for addons to intergrate with xbmc's library in a standard and uniform way.
I have made a PR (still work in progress though) that would enable addons to add items to the context menu.
That would enable a plugin to add a "Share" Context item...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1654
your pr looks great! Is 't possible to seperately register to video, audio and pictures? And what's your idea about upnp devices and playlists? Do they fit in your solution?
You have a lot of freedom of registering your context items...

you could do sth. like:

Code:
<extension point="xbmc.context" library="addon.py" visible="Window.IsActive(pictures)">
Add the context item to the videolibrary

Code:
<extension point="xbmc.context" library="addon.py" visible="Window.IsActive(pictures)">
add it to the pictures section

Code:
<extension point="xbmc.context" library="addon.py" visible="Window.IsActive(music)">
add it in the music section

Or you could go another way like:
Code:
<extension point="xbmc.context" library="addon.py" visible="ListItem.IsVideo()">
now the context item would be available to all videos (that means, also for videos in your picture folders)
NOTE: "ListItem.IsVideo()" currently isn't available(or i just missed it) but I could add it if needed.

Of course you can Or those conditions together to have it available in several sections.

Quote:And what's your idea about upnp devices and playlists? Do they fit in your solution?
Well, I'm not sure what you are asking for, but you should be able to make context items display in playlists or favorites...

BTW: that is how it should work, I haven't tested it that well. That's why one of the reasons i marked the PR as Work in Progress...
see this thread for further info on the PR.
When I watch a movie that I feel is particularly great, I occassionally put a post about it on Facebook - sort of a recommendation to my friends. I think being able to access a Share menu for a movie / tv show / album and then choose an Addon like Facebook from the list is a great idea.
See proposed context menu overhere: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154474

I think a share option would integrate nicely. Also it would make more sense to start with Play (instead of queue) aswell as for video as for music.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Share (in context menu)0