Linux Videos taking up to 7-8 minutes to start
I am having this issue on multiple boxes. Sometimes when I click on a movie or TV episode to watch it, it takes 7-8 minutes to start playing. When it does this, everything just freezes once you click on the video. You can't navigate anywhere and there is no working indicator/progress bar (or whatever you call it). After a few minutes the working indicator appears and is moving, but it will take another 4-5 minutes for the video to start. My videos are on a NAS and this happens even if the drives are spun up. Usually, if I reboot they will play fine for a while, but then this will start happening again.

I have attached a debug log. I can't make much sense out of it, but there seems to be all kinds of weird things repeated in it. I am hoping some of you can enlighten me on what seems to be going on. The attached log was snatched in the middle of one of those waiting periods.

http://pastesite.com/45176
There is something wrong with Audio Engine - so a sound problem.

Please open a bug report at trac.xbmc.org. I have seen this multiple times now. It goes wrong when the sink is flagge d to be reopened.

Can you find out "after which audio codec" it starts?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It's so weird, but it just stopped doing it on all of my machines. I know it makes no sense, but it just went away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos taking up to 7-8 minutes to start0