Linux CIFS mounting issue.
This is the first real problem I've had in ages. I've setup my mounts the exact same way I usually do.

The folder is shared on my Windows network and is accessible from everywhere. XBMCBuntu 12.04 Alpha4 cannot see it correctly.
I could make a huge post of what's happening, but an image says a thousand words...

It feels like a permissions issue, but 'Everybody' is allowed 'Full control' and the mount point in fstab is -

//My-PC/TVShows1 /mnt/TVShows1 cifs credentials=/root/.smbcredentials,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 0 0

The .smbcredentials contains my Windows User/Pass details.

It's really starting to boil my piss because I've been racking my brain for hours.
I'm not new to this, it used to work... but now it's broke.
Using smbfs does the exact same thing. Sad

This is the reason I've had to reinstall XBMCBuntu, but the problem persists!

Anyone see what's up here? Would really appreciate some assistance with this.
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
I had something similar and was never able to figure it out. I eventually found that if I didn't use a credentials file, rather plugged in u/n and p/w into the /etc/fstab entry it worked, or if I set up the source in XBMC by navigating to the share rather than a mount point and then plugged in my credentials it worked as well. It may have something to do with a new version of samba, or possibly something else, I don't know. Wish I could offer you something better.
Would XBMC's <pathsubstitute> in Advancedsettings.xml be a work around for the time being do you think?

Something like -
Code:
<substitute>
        <from>/mnt/TVShows1</from>
        <to>smb://192.168.0.4/TVShows1</to>
    </substitute>

And remove the fstab entry completely. I figure it's worth a go. This is all mainly due to Sickbeard,
But will it work...?

--EDIT
Appears not. Sad
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CIFS mounting issue.0