Getting subtitle info (again...)
There have been different threads and discussions about subtitle information shown or not shown in skins, including this great Aeon Nox skin (the best looking in my opinion). But none of them have a definite answer on the matter IMHO. So I decided to take matters in my own hand, but I need a little help from the XBMC community...

First, if I understand it correctly, the Aeon Nox skin will show subtitle info (using the CC-icon) if it is detected in the movie file by the scraper. Is this true for both Movies and TV shows and if so for which views? If not, where should I look to modify this?

The scenario: I download TV shows with SickBeard as soon as the show up on usenet, but they are without subtitles. The Dutch TV shows subtitles are provided by bierdopje(dot)com and using Auto-Sub you can automatically download them when available. The problem is twofold: 1) The subtitles are available only after several days, so the mkv is already downloaded by SickBeard and the show added to the XBMC database; 2) The subtitle is in a separate file (srt) and not detected by a scraper.

Although I am not experienced in Python, I decided to create a script/plugin that scans the directories and adds the subtitle info to the database when an SRT is detected. This is where the community comes in... I am experienced in different traditional programming languages, Python is not (yet) on that list. I need some pointers and example code for similar tasks to get me started. Like a script that updates a database record, a script that does some directory scanning, etc. Suggestions?

(I will share the outcome here, of course)
No suggestions, just want to cheer you on. It would be great to have external subs recognized. This have been discussed now and then and it was some rumors this could be implemented in "Frodo"

Good luck. Hope you have progress.
I'm currently painting the walls of the living room (orders from my wife - long overdue :-)), but starting this weekend I will start digging and building a solution.
Will also check on Frodo release...
perhaps this one from Martijn could be useful:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=132714
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting subtitle info (again...)0