XBMC crashes when system overclocked
Hi all.

I have overclocked two different CPUs in my media centre pc but on both occasions XBMC crashed repeatedly after about 10 minutes video play. When defaults were reset the system was fine, and the overclocking has passed all other recommended tests. Can anyone explain why this might be happening and how I can remedy it? I'd really like the system overclocked as it makes everything else run smoother (including XBMC itself) but obviously I can't have it crashing all the time. Uninstalling and reinstalling (latest stable version) has no effect.

Any help appreciated,

Mark
What sort of benchmarks and stress tests have you done? It sounds like its just that your system isn't truly stable.
You may have been right - I've turned the OC value down and it seems more stable. Strange that everything else seemed to work though. Hopefully it stays ok.

Cheers.
Update:

I still received the same crashes, so reset the bios to its defaults. It then crashed twice in quick succession, when I realised what the common denominator was - when my wireless XBOX 360 windows controller times out and I push the button to reconnect it, XBMC crashes. This has never happened before and is only happening after a recent windows 7 reinstallation. Does anybody know why this might be? The two seem pretty unconnected.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes when system overclocked0