Win HTPC wakes on any IR command/button
Question 
I'm having a problem with my Windows XBMC setup where MCE compatible IR receiver wakes htpc from sleep on pretty much any command on any remote. That means if I, for example, use my TV remote for turning TV on or browsing channels, my htpc wakes from sleep. Is there any way to prevent that? I'd like my htpc to wake on power button of my MCE remote, and not on button presses of my TV (or other) remotes.
Sounds like a problem with the IR receiver (it shouldn't respond to anything but commands sent by the MCE remote, or a universal remote), but something you might want to try is going into the BIOS settings of your HTPC and checking that any wake by keyboard/mouse settings are disabled.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
So you're saying that's not normal behavior == htpc should wake only on MCE remote commands? I've checked the bios and there aren't any options regarding keyboard/mouse wake up...
I'm saying it's not normal behaviour for an MCE IR receiver to respond to commands that aren't from its own remote. I have a USB MCE IR receiver (just a generic RC6 one off eBay), and it will only respond to commands sent to it by the remote that came with it or my Logitech Harmony remote (which is expected). Your TV remote etc. shouldn't be triggering the MCE IR receiver at all, and it might be a fault or just an incompatible receiver.
HTPC: | i3-2120 | AMD HD6450 | Samsung 840 EVO SSD | Kodi 15.2 | Win10 x64 | Onkyo HTX-22HDX | Logitech Harmony + K400 |
Server: | i7-3770S | RocketRaid 2320 5×2TB RAID5 | Vertex 3 SSD | Win10 x64, SMB, TVersity UPnP | MySQL |
Others: | HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro/Marantz HiFi + Volumio | Raspberry Pi 2 + OpenELEC | Nexus 4, 5, 9 |
OK, thanks for clarifying this up. I thought the behavior of my IR receiver is the normal one... guess not. I've also bought the receiver from ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150737364184?s...1497.l2649

In Harmony I have it set as Chinavasion CVSB-983 and it works. If I set it as Microsof't MCE keyboard/mouse it doesn't work. Could you tell me which receiver exactly are you using? Thanks.
Ah, no, it should work as an MCE remote.

I don't know how up to date it is, but there's a list on the wiki about remotes that work. I use the Hauppage one (I think), but any certified MCE remote should work.

If you're searching on ebay, "rc6 remote" can give some decent results

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC wakes on any IR command/button0