XBMC 11.0 7.1 Channel Sound/Audio Problem - Too Much Bass
Hi Experts,

Please see if you can help me with the sound problem I am having with xbmc.

My setup HTPC is connected to the av reciever via HDMI

Windows 7 Professional
HP N40L Microserver with Geforce 210 Graphics card.
Yamaha RX-V671
XBMC Eden (11.0)

My problem is when I play movies or videos through xbmc the bass level is very high, because of this dialogues are not crips clear. But if I play the movie directly on windows media player the sound is excellent and as I would like it. If I play anything from SKY box it plays crystal clear. SO I would point it down to xbmc. Has anyone come across similar problems and found any solutions?

Thank you
For Eden only - this may boost your dialog: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139532
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
@DDDamian

Thank you for the super fast reply. Let me go through it and update here. Your help is highly appreciated.
np - hope it helps you.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hi All
I tried all the exe is provided in the archive. Nothing really solved my problem. They did lift the dialogue. When I play the file through windows media player everything fine sound is crisp clear. But if I play it in xbmc exploding background noises and dialogue like u are in a closed big room. The sound is not enjoyable at all.
Yeah, the real answer would be Dynamic Range Compression - it's written but not part of XBMC yet.
Thanks DDDamian,

Is there a way to play the files without letting xbmc touch the audio. I mean directly pass the audio out to the HDMI without touching it. I installed the Audio Engine form your thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124600
the video was stuttering, Will this AE do dynamic compression?

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 7.1 Channel Sound/Audio Problem - Too Much Bass0