• 12(current)
Req Teletext Subtitles
I should mention, I tested this on Jarvis. I assume it's the same in previous versions.
Yes that is what I am doing but I am using 15.1 isengard.
Thanks I will try nextpvr to see if that works if not might be a fix in jarvis or not working for Australia
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
Don't confuse Teletext with DVB subtitles that Kodi already supports.
Some backends like TVheadend can convert Teletext subtitles to a format that Kodi understands but Kodi doesn't support it directly from a .ts recording or stream.
Yes you can activate Teletext and go to page on every channel but that is no subtitles support and also out of sync.
Reason you can't do anything else when going to a page in Teletext is that you still are in Teletext when showing subtitles.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Yes I know that. But Australia has both on freeview just trying to get it to work.

|
V
I have choosed my language in Settings / Video / Subtitles so i don't need to do anything more than that for DVB subtitles.
The other option is Audio options when watching a channel and activate subtitles and your language.
Teletext subtitles is harder if you don't use tvheadend.
As you can see earlier in this thread this isn't a priority to fix either.
Here we have Teletext subtitles on SD channels and DVB subtitles on most HD channels.

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
So for now best option is to use ccextractor but does not work for live tv obviously.

|
V
Teletext Subtitles is surrounded by a full-screen black area, no video visible, and out of sync (Windows KODI 16.0).
I know since I can't do it myself I really can't demand that anyone else do this. I understand that there are probably many more important things to be done in Kodi. But I just wonder if Teletext subtitles is on someones todo list? I can use MythTV frontend for LiveTV and recordings, but would be nice to only use the backend.
Unfortunately I don't think it's a high priority for the Kodi team at the moment Sad
Anyone know if its going to be supported in v17? :-)
Nobody has implemented it so far.
The only way is to use TVheadend that converts Teletext to subtitles that Kodi understand.
But Kodi would be so much better if it supported Teletext directly.

(2016-08-14, 08:52)Leatherface Wrote: The only way is to use TVheadend that converts Teletext to subtitles that Kodi understand.

Agreed. The lack of teletext is what prevents me from leaving Mediaportal.
(2016-08-16, 08:34)CountZer0 Wrote:
(2016-08-14, 08:52)Leatherface Wrote: The only way is to use TVheadend that converts Teletext to subtitles that Kodi understand.

Agreed. The lack of teletext is what prevents me from leaving Mediaportal.

I hope we get there some day. Don't know if it is the amount of developers that work on Kodi, but I've always had the feeling that there are a few that actually not only think about what they want. But also think what is good for the users and the project itself. So I have no doubt that this will be fixed some time.

I wish I had this feature yesterday so I can throw out MythTV Frontend =) But since I can't do it myself all I can do is wait.
Just started to use v16.1. Seems teletext subtitle is still out of sync but only by a very short period, much better than before. Only problem is (as always) when in subtitle mode, the channel info and buttons all stay on the screen.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Teletext Subtitles2