Ipad as a controller

Hello, I have a home network system as follows:

NAS device – stores all music / movie files
2 computers
Internet connect to modem, then to router
3 - WD Digital Streaming Media Player (hdmi to TV, wired Ethernet to router)
Ipad 2 controller

I plan on using my ipad 2 as a remote control so that I can pick a movie via XBMC ipad app to be played thru a digital media player (movies / videos)

My question is when I open the XBMC app and chose the movie I want to watch, will the file stream directly to the digital media player or will the file stream to the ipad then to the media player?

I want the movie file to stream from the NAS to the WD media player.
I don;t want the file to go from the NAS to the ipad then to the media player.

Which XBMC app is from XBMC.

Also is the a streaming media player for whcih you can install the XBMC program in?

How do you install the XBMC program on a NAS device, right now it it running on my PC, which I donlt want.

Thanks

I think you need to do some more research.

Xbmc won't be able to be installed on your NAS or wd boxes.

Xbmc needs to be on the pc that is hooked up top your tv. The you can setup your video source to point to your NAS. Then you can use the iPad remote app to view your library and choose a movie to play on xbmc.

The iPad remote app does not stream any media to your iPad itself.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
aaa
Can you install XBMC on a zotac zbox and connect the zbox to the router then connect a media player (wd tv) for playback to tv?

Do you know if XBMC can be installed on the Pivos Xios DS media player, seems like it does
(2012-10-10, 22:10)rxr69 Wrote: Do you know if XBMC can be installed on the Pivos Xios DS media player, seems like it does

Yep, Pivos XIOS DS is officially supported hardware.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ipad as a controller0