emulator hardware! (post your experiences!)
Ill post it when I get home but if you want you can search my posts, ive linked to it in on these forums somewhere... Also I don't know if it will work with openelec... The add on configures the GRUB bootloader to reboot to windows once, does openelec use GRUB?
A quick Google seems to imply grub works for dudl boot w OpenELEC.

I'll do some searching, but any links would be much appreciated!
Ok here it is:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22410524/script...-0.0.3.zip

It requires manual configuration before it will work:

You need to edit default.py in the addon zip to configure it for your system. I recommend individually testing the commands in default.py in a terminal to make sure they work.
You need to edit the sudoers file in linux to allow the commands in default.py to run as root without a password,
Check if the icon included to your liking, if not change it before you install so you won't have to delete it from xbmc's thumbnail cache.

Changes to GRUB can break this addon. It has only been tested with linux to reboot once to windows.

Enjoy!
I agree with teeedubb that mileage may vary for emulators but that windows is the way to go
that dual boot option is a very nice suggestion

but so far, things are running great, i have VERY little lag in any wii game i've tested (in very high action scenes, i've dropped to about 30-ish fps...very rarely and i can't even remember which game it was)
for pcsx2, it's been great...i probably average around 50 (rather thatn a more consistent 60 on dolphin wii)...I have found that high impact scenes do slow down a bit on some games...but it's BY FAR the exception rather than the rule

i do miss the simplicity of openelec or xbmcbuntu...but i might consider having that boot into windows option since start up with windows7 64 bit is only about 25 seconds right now anyway
Very interesting thread! I am currently trying what my A6-3500 can achieve in terms of performance...good to know though that others have already tried a couple of component configurations.
(2012-11-14, 21:41)taalas Wrote: Very interesting thread! I am currently trying what my A6-3500 can achieve in terms of performance...good to know though that others have already tried a couple of component configurations.

Not that good.. on the a6-3500... Wink for the gamecube games is ok but for the wii it struggles... especially at 1080p....
GC at good framerates would be fine for now...The Wii might find it's way into the new lowboard...Gamecube, nah, stays in the box Wink
(2012-11-02, 19:43)truthlesshero Wrote: dolphin wii

How does Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 run on the A6?
I've got an A10-4600M and New Super Mario Bros. runs great on it, 45-60fps.
Great thread!
Going to mess around with PCSX2 tonight on my new A8 build.

Hi.

I'm really interested in emulation as well and need some advice on the CPU.

AMD A6 5400k - 69.99
AMD A6 3670k - 84.99
AMD A8 3870k - 99.99
AMD A8 5600K (100W) - 104.99

All prices in CAD. Obviously I'm trying to spend the least amount of money. Any suggestions on which is the best CPU for me grab? I know everything will stream media just fine, but I really want to run as many emulators as I can.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
emulator hardware! (post your experiences!)0