Adding to the main menu "favorite"
I have looked and searched for the answer to this and can not find it anywhere. I am running XBMC on a MacMini OSX Mountain Lion. XBMC version 12.0-Alpha6 Git:20120922 compiled 9/22/2013.

This is a general question I cant find answer to.

When you load XMBC on the main opening screen shot lower left corner is a Star for what I think are favorites. When you click on it, a window opens on the right of the screen and it is empty. How the HECK do I add something to it? The only reason I think it is a favorites link is once I had something there, but I can not figure out how to add something to it or remove from it via an Apple remote or keyboard. Where can I find information on this?

Thanks.
When selecting something, bring up the context menu and select "add to favorites"
I think I am trying to figure out how to use the star icon in the lower left corner of the new build. It appears to be a fast favorite, but how to add something to it?
Ned already said how you add items to your favorites. The star icon in the corner is simply a way to access the favorites you've added from the home screen.

To expand, you select a particular movie/episode/TV Show/source/playlist/etc.... hit the 'c' to bring up the context menu and you'll see an 'add to favorites' option.
Thanks. I did not know about the 'c' to bring up context. It worked. Thanks for both replies and the clarification I was missing.
After upgrading to Kodi 15 I immediately noticed the favorites no longer populate the star menu.
If I add a folder or addon it appears. Shows selected receive the favorites added confirmation, but they do not get listed.
A possible solution would be to add a folder containing the favorites.
Does anyone know where this could be found? Or how to get it working again?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding to the main menu "favorite"0