Clone XBMC setup and change library paths
I just picked up an HTPC and I would like to move my XBMC setup from my main PC to the HTPC. I want to keep all my files on my main PC, clone my XBMC setup to the HTPC and then re-point the library to the network shares on my main PC.

I am trying to avoid having to re-scrape all my media, as I am on a very limited internet connection, and I have spend countless hours curating my media collection.

How can I move my XBMC install to a new machine, and re-point my database to the new network location without losing any info and having to re-scrape? Any help is appreciated

I have done a bit of searching and it appears I would need to:
Copy the XBMC userdata folder
Update the paths in sources.xml
Update the paths in favorites.xml
Export my video library to XML and update the paths contained in the file
Delete my videos60.db file
Import my video library from XML

I'm also looking to do my music library, but when I try to export the library to file it gives me an empty XML document

Is there any way to modify the .db files directly, maybe using external tools?

Please let me know if the above would work for my purposes
I had a little epiphany and got halfway where I want to be:

On my current setup, I have my music on D:\ and videos on F:\

What I did was map 2 network drives on my HTPC:
D:\ which points to the D:\ on my main PC
F:\ which points to the F:\ on my main PC

I then exported my video library on my main PC, and imported it into my HTPC. As far as XBMC knows, the path to all files has remained the same, and I can now watch all my movies from my HTPC through XBMC.

All movie information including fanart, descriptions, actors, watched flags etc was imported, the only thing missing is the thumnbnails for my movie covers!

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clone XBMC setup and change library paths0