Win XBMC Crashing on TV Shows (WIN7)
Morning All...

Been having an odd issue on XBMC for a while now (past two full builds).

I generally use the AEON skin (but this happens on all skins), and use Banners for all of my TV Shows (157 in total). It all looks wonderful BUT as I scroll through the banners it randomly crashes. I dont need to try and go down a folder group to show seasons or eiposdes. Just having the selector over a random banner will cause the system to crash.

Now This is running on a 32 bit Windows 7 Machine...with no funky add ins....and with a very standard build. This machine is the master library as such but in order to simply copy all of my library between machines I have exported from the master machine (the one that crashes) and imported it to two further XBMC machines (Both Acer Revo 3700's)....so all three machines have the same tv collections, and are using identical databases and thumbnail and fant art and season thumbs blah blah blah BUT these machines DO NOT CRASH when viewing the TV Shows in LIbrary format when in Banners.....I have used both other machines extensively and they NEVER crash.. so whereas initially I was thinking that the database or thumbnails may have caused issues, it cant be the case if its not crashing on another machine.....

So Im totally confused. My main machine has an ATI card in it...and works for all other software ie Windows Media Player, VLC, so I cant imagine its that. The two Revo's onviously use nVidia Ion GFX. Could an issue like this be caused by XBMC not liking my graphics card...and if that is the case why doesnt the same issue appear when viewing my movie library

I appreciate I should really be posting up an error log with this and when I am home I will do so.....I have had a look through the first 30 pages of posts on the thread after searchg for TV crash and the such and no one seems to have posted regarding a similar issue so I thought Id see if anyone has any ideas of where to start.

The rest of XBMC runs like a dream and if I can get this sorted it would be great....I will be getting the Log pasted up tonight

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Crashing on TV Shows (WIN7)0