Noob Skinner qestion
I'm starting to create a skin for xbmc that I plan to release soon but I'm still new to it so sorry for the worst noob question ever, WHERE IN THE HELL DO I PLACE MY CREATED SKIN FOR TESTINGHuh I can not figure this out worth nothing,

I first placed it in the program files/xmbc/addon folder then I tried it in the appdata/roaming/xbmc/addons and I do not see it in the skins options under the appearance menu
Have you modified the addons.xml so it shows up under another name if you are basing it on another skin? Otherwise it might be that you have two skins with the same name in the skin configuration and thus are selecting the wrong one?
Yeah I made the addon.xml to the name of the skin but does not show up,
Depends on what OS you're using. On Windows, it should be placed in %APPDATA%\XBMC\Addons. If on Linux / MacOS someone else would have to chime in.
OK thanks dude
Code:
Location of the UserData folder

Android: Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/
    iOS/ATV2: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/
    Linux: $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/
    Mac OS X: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/
    Windows Vista/7: Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
    Windows XP: Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=userdata
Thanks alot to the great skinners you are...Another question I'm trying to figure out how to place images as my menu bar...Like other skins I have looked through the XML of the home.xml but I do not understand where the creators add in the png file...I seen in the confluence skin theres a <imagepath>blahblah</imagepath> but that directory is accessible or I'm really need glasses...This is hard work learning coding and making a beautiful skin....Thanks for the help...If mabye one of you skinners can give me tips on so things I would greatly appreciate it..I'm always googlin how to skin and reading the wiki page and trying to process it all...damn its tough....LMAO...Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob Skinner qestion0