MKV won't play? Frustrated.
I'm beginning to get very frustrated here. I can't get XBMC-Flicks to work, I can't get the Hulu add-on to work, now I can't even get a simple .mkv file to play. I can play all videos I want to in Internet Explorer for Hulu, or Netflix. The .mkv files are fine, as they play beautifully in VLC. However, NOTHING works in XBMC.

This is the awesome message I get in the XBMC log when I try to play a .mkv: Ideas?? The fonts directory does not exist, why I don't know.

The only thing I can do is play actual DVD's in XBMC.

18:59:39 T:2920 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\media\Fonts\
18:59:39 T:2920 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://home/media/Fonts/
18:59:43 T:2920 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\media\Fonts\
18:59:43 T:2920 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://home/media/Fonts/
18:59:56 T:2920 WARNING: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayerCore(videodefaultplayer): no such core: dvdplayer
18:59:56 T:2920 ERROR: Error creating player for item E:\MakeMKV\Video\Transformers_Dark_of_the_Moon_Disc_1_t00.mkv (File doesn't exist?)
18:59:56 T:2920 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [E:\MakeMKV\Video\Transformers_Dark_of_the_Moon_Disc_1_t00.mkv]
You may need a newer version of librtmp for the streaming services.

Also, are you actually using makemkv? That is a strange path you are using. Also, a full debug log is much better then a snippet.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Figured I'd only include the relevant playback part.

I was using the Eden RC2 + HDAudio release. I completely uninstalled that (had it installed due to bitstreaming) but since nothing works in that for me I removed it. I put the latest release version on and now the .mkv plays. Yes, I'm using makemkv, I customized the paths. Puts the subtitles on the screen by default though (how does one disable that?) but at least it plays.
Well it looks like the majority of my problems were from the Eden RC2 build. Hulu is now up and working properly, and apparently, Crunchyroll Takeout is too. Audio is just as good as what it was via my hardware player / bitstreaming - and things actually work. Hah! Now I just need to get Spotify and Netflix working.. will save that for another day!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV won't play? Frustrated.0