Req "limits" in "Files.GetDirectory"
Hello!

I am working on XBMC module for AMX control panel and i propose to add the "limits" to "Files.GetDirectory".
This will make easier the work with a large volumes of files outside of the database, such as photos, to not download all of the 100+.
I think that many will come in handy.

Sorry for my English.
+1 on that to avoid memory problems in phone remotes.
It's difficult to implement efficiently - basically XBMC would be fetching the full list and throwing it all away again, save for the few items you fetched.

Still, if it's just about avoiding memory problems on the client, that's probably OK.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

HTTP API is allowed to do itSad
well...I will look the other way via ftp.
(2012-10-14, 22:49)jmarshall Wrote: It's difficult to implement efficiently - basically XBMC would be fetching the full list and throwing it all away again, save for the few items you fetched.

Still, if it's just about avoiding memory problems on the client, that's probably OK.

Well it permit limiting memory usage on target device, limit network usage, way better speed on low end hardware like RPI that are not good at encoding very big Json chunks (and are also memory limited).

Cutting data on Xbmc side even if not perfect due to full directory fetch is not perfect but still way better for lot's of use case.
Can I propose a PR for that or is it too late for Frodo ?
As this would be a new feature it's too late for Frodo.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"limits" in "Files.GetDirectory"0