• 52(current)
Release tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)
@Edworld
- the aspect ratio is calculated by the detected width and height of the movie files. Please check the values in the media information panel
- Kodi NFOs are only read at import into tmm. To re-read Kodi NFOs, you have to remove the movie(s) from tmm and re-add them using update data sources

@maeda
trailer downloading works here without any problems. If you still have that issue please submit a bug report
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2015-09-13, 18:14)mlaggner Wrote: @Edworld
- the aspect ratio is calculated by the detected width and height of the movie files. Please check the values in the media information panel
- Kodi NFOs are only read at import into tmm. To re-read Kodi NFOs, you have to remove the movie(s) from tmm and re-add them using update data sources

I tried to find a list of the things you are working on,but couldn't find it,so I thought of sharing some ideas:

1) add a field in TMM so we can see the aspect ratio in the NFO file and change it if needed? All my movies are ripped using MKV, so basically I get 16:9 or 4:3 on all of them and would like to display the correct aspect ratio in Kodi.

2) An option to refresh an NFO file. Benefits: Kodi allows you to export NFO which have watched movies, as well as other changes made in Kodi.

3) When you rescrape movies, an option to rescrape IMDB Top250 and number of votes.

Thanks in advance
Hi

Is it possible to customize media source in TMM ?
Basically, I would just like to change source identified as Webrip, to Web-dl and have TMM rename files accordingly.

Had a look at options, and didn't see anything allowing that, but I may have missed something.

Many thanks
Thanks a lot for this! Love the command line options available for linux as it makes automating things a breeze Smile
Would it be possible to get an .ignore option....

Where by you would add file names to an .ignorefile, and TMM would ignore them?
such a feature is implemented in the upcoming version 2.7
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
sweet
Will we be able to mark videos in the GUI as "to be ignored" so tMM maintains the filenames in a master .ignorefile ?

or will it be more manual, ie we should put a .ignorefile in each appropriate folder?
you can either set some directories (in the settings) to be ignored or put a .tmmignore in every folder to ignore
ok found it..
Just downloaded and tested the 2.7 nightly...

.tmmignore was just what I was looking for.
Very nice.

I like the improvements to scraping, and the new trailer stuff too....

thanks!!!
(2015-07-06, 07:45)mlaggner Wrote: sorry for the late response

I am still working on a cleanup of the tmm code for the new scraper infrastructure; most existing scrapers have already been migrated

I know that anime is slightly different to western tv shows, but introducing a whole new "module" for anime is too much work for the benefit it gives.
Could you imagine to "emulate" an absolute numbering scheme by putting all episodes to season 0 or 1 with increasing episode numbers?

I don't know if this 'scraper infrastructure' change being mentioned is the same thing as what I'm about to suggest here, because I haven't read this thread for a while and don't have time to go through 39 pages of posts right now. However, while your statement earlier in the thread that anime TV shows fit well into the TV Shows section is broadly true, there are a lot of series that are too obscure for sites like TVDb and RageTV to list. This leaves those of us with mixed collections with a bit of a dilemma.

As far as I understand it, I can only select ONE scraper for each media category (Films / TV Shows) with a somewhat ambiguous message about "fallback" to other scrapers which I cannot dictate or control. I have multiple folders added under the 'TV Shows' category. Some are regular US/UK shows that TVDb and the like will handle just fine, but I also have other folders also added with anime/hentai content that certainly will not be scraped by TVDb. Either because they are hentai which TVDb flat-out doesn't support, or because they are DVD-Only releases (OVAs) Which TVDb seem to have adopted the stance that they too are not valid or wanted on the site. Or finally because they are simply too niche, too old or only had a limited release, so community members can't be bothered to post up the details. While on the one hand I can understand TVDb wish to avoid content spam, it means for those obscure shows I do have, I will have to find alternate means of scraping them if I have any hope of adding them to the library, or simply have a 'junk' folder in Kodi of items that can't therefore be part of that library. At least not without a lot of manual hacking / editing of NFOs and the like.

In the case of TMM, I'm forced to make a choice between a scraper like TVDb OR AniDb for all shows in that category, even though they exist in separate folders. The same applies for film content to a lesser degree. What I'd like to see, is scraper selection based on a 'per-folder' methodology, like Kodi does internally, rather than a 'per-category' setup as is currently the case. Then I would be able to customize the scrapers I wish to use for that specific content, segregated by the folders I've placed that content in. Also, in-line with your thinking, that would then negate the need for separate categories just for anime. TVDb won't scrape quite a few of my older OVAs or the few hentai series I have, but switching the scraper to AniDb or some other anime scraper will mean I can't then scrape my regular shows without having to constantly change the scraper several times each run.

If this is what's already coming down the pipe, forgive me for not reading the whole thread to find out. But IMHO this limitation has bugged me since TMM first came out, back in the day. One, if not the ONLY complaint I have about how TMM works.
Well, TMM (as well as every MediaPlayer/Manager) has a strict separation between movies and TV.
Simply because of the structure.
Movies is for kinda single files, DVD like things,
and a TV style type has episodes, seasons, "aired date" et all.
You have to decide, where your media files better belongs to.

On the other hand, we have the scrapers.
Each of them has a set of "capabilities".
Is is a movie scraper? Can it scrape trailers? what about artwork? episodes?...?

The scraper itself is kinda independent of the movie/tv thing - BUT the capabilities have to be implemented.
Our anime scraper currently only does the TV style thing - therefor it will be only listed there.
We might add it in future - but currently there are some more important things to do.

just curious:
How does Kodi handle this currently?
Is there any good anime scraper, which does both types?
Which one? (have to admit, never used)

Regarding TvDB/AniDB
You can choose any of our TV scrapers just for scraping a single movie.
Just choose the right one in the scrape dialog.
The checkbox in settings is just for a preselection for your favorite
(Although we're not doing a merge aka like an "uiversal scraper")
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2015-09-29, 22:23)myron Wrote: Well, TMM (as well as every MediaPlayer/Manager) has a strict separation between movies and TV.
Simply because of the structure.
Movies is for kinda single files, DVD like things,
and a TV style type has episodes, seasons, "aired date" et all.
You have to decide, where your media files better belongs to.

On the other hand, we have the scrapers.
Each of them has a set of "capabilities".
Is is a movie scraper? Can it scrape trailers? what about artwork? episodes?...?

The scraper itself is kinda independent of the movie/tv thing - BUT the capabilities have to be implemented.
Our anime scraper currently only does the TV style thing - therefor it will be only listed there.
We might add it in future - but currently there are some more important things to do.

just curious:
How does Kodi handle this currently?
Is there any good anime scraper, which does both types?
Which one? (have to admit, never used)

Regarding TvDB/AniDB
You can choose any of our TV scrapers just for scraping a single movie.
Just choose the right one in the scrape dialog.
The checkbox in settings is just for a preselection for your favorite
(Although we're not doing a merge aka like an "uiversal scraper")

You misunderstand the point I'm trying to make Myron.

I have no issue with the way the separate sections (Movies / TV Shows) work or are segregated. The issue I have is being limited to one scraper, per section when I have multiple folders in each section that require differing scraper provision.

I add a 'source' in Kodi, it's essentially a folder of media. I can have multiple distinct folders/sources, and several may be for films, several for TV shows. I can however, in Kodi specify an individual scraper per-source/folder meaning that for the folder that contains regular films, I use TMDB. For the folder that contains Anime films, I use AniDB. The same principle is applied to each source that has TV shows.

TMM Introduces an extra layer Kodi doesn't have. Different sections for TV and films, as Kodi handles this distinction on the 'per-source' level. What I'm asking for is the ability to apply a different scraper in TMM, for each separate folder added to either the movies category, or the TV shows category. Kodi groups everything under a global 'video library' section, that is then defined as a movie source or a TV source at the source level. TMM is segregating the two types, but as I've already said, that's not the issue here.
@gibxxi you are absolutely right. Kodi has this feature, but tmm does not. I saw that there are some benefits to store several settings per "data source", but unfortunately this needs many changes inside tmm and is not easily changeable.

I will rethink this and maybe add this in the future
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager - a media manager written in Java (Win/Mac/Linux)7