Xbox360EventClient problem with latest nightlies
Hi there,

I've been using the Xbox360EventClient.exe for two years now on my Win 7 x64 setup and never had any problems so far. I created a bat file, so it launches automatically every time I start up XBMC. No need for anything else and most importantly the focus stays on the 2nd screen, my LCD display, no matter what I do on my computer.
You can get it from here, http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Xbo...or_Windows

Now though, with the latest nightlies having the PVR function on board, it looks like the "A"-button ("Select/Pause"-function) doesn't work the way it is supposed to anymore.
Every time I press it, it either does nothing (when playing a video) or when browsing in the menus I am thrown back to the main screen and the following message appears:

"No PVR clients have been started yet. Check your configuration."

I still have a nightly without PVR dated August, 25 and that works fine.

Any idea what the PVR client has to do with it and how I can fix the problem, so that I can continue using the EventClient.exe?
Thanks.

Do you know what event/action the client is sending? You may be able to determine this from the Debug Log.

I suspect it's sending a keypress which is translated via keymap.xml, and that keymapping may have changed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I might be wrong, but after taking a look at my xbmc.log, to me it looks like instead of "Select" or "Pause" XBMC tries to do the following:

23:36:33 T:2440 DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: 0 (100) pressed, action is XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)
Too bad.
Nobody still using Xbox360EventClient?
doubt it since XBMC supports it natively (at least in the latest nightlies).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Problem is that that solution easily loses focus on the 2nd screen when you're working on the 1st screen. So in the end you're still forced to use an additional tool. I wanted to avoid that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox360EventClient problem with latest nightlies0