Cant See Files
I can get my Apple TV 2 to see my network and PC but cannot see the files to play
I am using mainly MKV files.
Have you added the network share as a video source? When you're selecting a source to add, it will only show the shares and folders, but once added it will show all the files.
(2012-10-14, 23:49)Ned Scott Wrote: Have you added the network share as a video source? When you're selecting a source to add, it will only show the shares and folders, but once added it will show all the files.

Well i go to add source and can see my network but seems there is nothing to add
(2012-10-15, 15:17)nkhan Wrote: Well i go to add source and can see my network but seems there is nothing to add

Yep, that's normal. You should only see folders (if there are any), but no files. Then once you add the source and it shows up in Files, you will then see the individual files. It's a bit confusing.
Is there a guide anywhere to add source cos i go into it and it keeps asking for a username and password and kicks back out, i dont have a password for the PC.
Adding videos to the library/Adding media sources (wiki)
(2012-10-16, 13:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Adding videos to the library/Adding media sources (wiki)

Thanks for the guide but im still stick add my network/PC to the share.
It seems i have nothing to hide on my Apple.

I can see my Workgroup but unable add the source it seems
The sharing computer is Windows, I assume? Make sure that the file sharing settings allow guest access. This how-to by natethomas should walk you through it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63123
(2012-10-17, 16:30)Ned Scott Wrote: The sharing computer is Windows, I assume? Make sure that the file sharing settings allow guest access. This how-to by natethomas should walk you through it: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63123

I am on Vista but will try this guide
Still struggling with this, can see the folders but no files.
All my files are MKV format
Anyone help
Can you post a debug log (see iOS XBMC.log (wiki))? It might show us if there are any permissions errors or things like that.
I'm using Kodi 17, everything I've done by the book for sharing. it is working fine. but I can not see all the movie files. I'm using Kodi in MI Box android TV. Need help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant See Files0