• 35(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
Try:
Code:
<regexp>_-_()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?\[[^\\/]*$</regexp>
Okay, not working.

If the Anime is not in your xml List it won´t be recognized, right?

If the Anime is in the List and it only has one Episode. Why it doesn´t get recognized? Although I even got an Selection of the possible anidb, and choose the right one.
If the anime is not in the animetitles.xml then it won't be found (but if it's not in animetitles.xml then it's not in anidb, as that is by definition a list of everything in anidb).

The anime-list.xml is only for matching between anidb and tvdb to get artwork and episode plots. It has no effect on whether a show gets found.
Hello, there are many works that are not detected, here I list (more coming soon):

Battle Angel Alita
bobby's in deep
man & whale
Dragon Ball Z - battle of gods
anikuri15
Diary of tortov roddle
The Apple Incident
short animations by shintaro kago
saint oniisan
lincoln

I'm new to xbmc so excuse me if I ask something obvious, but sometimes I go to a file, click on show info, just hit enter on default shown name and it gets detected. Why wasn't it detected the first time to begin with?
Also what do I do with Omnibus? One folder that contains 3 shorts, the title only gets one poster on films and play the first title.
Not much related but if a movie is deleted why the title on the library isn't deleted along? I have set scraper to autoupdate at start but as seen it seem to not work.
The scraper will only recognize:
"Main" title (the one displayed on the anidb page)
"Official" title in the language of your choosing.
"Official" title in English.
"Synonym" titles marked as Japanese (type="syn" xml:lang="x-jat" in the animetitles.xml).

Looking at the first couple on your list:
Battle Angel Alita:
Main title = Hyper Future Vision: Gunnm
Official English Title = Battle Angel
(Battle Angel Alita is the German official title, but is only an English synonym title).

Bobby's in Deep:
Main title = Bobby ni Kubittake
Official English title = Bobby's Girl
(Again, Bobby's in Deep is an English synonym title)

I haven't gone through the rest, but I imagine they follow similarly.

Not sure why the titles don't get found until manually updated...

I'd need more details on the Omnibus question. In general movie series have to be dealt with as TV series if they only have one entry in anidb.

To clean deleted items from the library, you need to go to System->Video->Library->Clean library... You can also set <cleanonupdate> to true in your advancedsettings.xml, although that may remove items from network shares if they're not available during a library update.
Thank you! so I got to look up on animetitles.xml!
I tried several titles for some of them without success, is this the correct thread to report missing titles? I'm a bit into obscure anime so it might help.
Just a note, for example from the next list only the 2 first would work? (here Spanish but using xbmc on English)
Code:
        <title type="main" xml:lang="x-jat">Aru Tabibito no Nikki</title>
        <title type="official" xml:lang="en">A Traveller`s Diary</title>
        <title type="official" xml:lang="fr">Le journal de Tortov Roddle</title>
        <title type="official" xml:lang="ja">或る旅人の日記</title>
        <title type="short" xml:lang="en">Tortov</title>
        <title type="syn" xml:lang="en">The Diary of Tortov Roddle</title>
        <title type="syn" xml:lang="tr">Bir Yolcunun Günlüğü</title>
        <title type="syn" xml:lang="vi">Nhật ký của Tortov Roddle</title>

The question about Omnibus are titles such as Memories, Manie Manie, Short Piece, Genius Party, Genius Party Beyond, Sweat Punch - Deep Imagination, Robot Carnival, Animatrix, etc They are not series per se, they are movies composed of various pieces.

About the library cleaning, I think I will edit the xml, since I don't want to clean already detected titles which cost me so much effort to add.
You don't necessarily have to look directly in the animetitles.xml to work out the title, the information is also available on the anidb page for the show, just look in the info box next to the poster, and the Main, Official English (if there is one) and Official Japanese titles will be listed. The full list of available titles for all languages is in the "titles" tab.
(And yes, only the first two titles in that entry will work.)

And those were the type of movie series I thought you were talking about, so my statement stands - they need to be treated as TV shows.
It's not right, I know, and I am working on a fix, but that's the only way they will work currently.
Thanks for help, now most of the titles got detected (not automatically but still, don't want to rename filenames). There are a few that didn't, so maybe you can add, they are mostly Koji Morimoto's works, so you will find here any thing except movies or OVAS, that is, ads, PV, openings, etc.

A better tomorrow
marunouchi x morimoto
nikeID realcity
kimiha break
genki rockets - breeze
nike - chamber of fear
Jigen Loop
le saunda
Jet TV
Franken's Gear (from robot carnival)
tamurapan zero
lincoln
The apple incident

Also there's something curious, you use this character ` for apostrophe instead of '. Wouldn't this cause problems for title detection?
Sorry, although I maintain this scraper, I have no connection or affiliation with anidb. If those titles genuinely aren't there, you'll need to let them know, not me (perhaps in this thread(?)).
Just be sure what you want to add is considered anime by anidb's definition, and also make sure you've really looked ("Franken's Gear" is clearly listed on the Robot Carnival page).

Don't worry about apostrophes, the scraper ignores any non-alphanumeric characters when it searches for title matches.
OK, thanks, it doesn't matter, I just wanted to help.
Okay so i had to uninstall XBMC due to some unforseen circumstances, i backed up my library but now im missing most of the artwork.
How do i re-download the artwork with this addon? i've had it rescan but that doesnt do anything to the artwork.

Edit:
It seems barely any anime i have is recognized now, what i've done now is i completely erased my library or cleaned it.. removed all sources and started from scratch.
I added a folder with 44 Anime series that have all been moved into seperate folders and renamed by the AniDB client (the java one with the custom tagging system)

I backed up my advancedsettings.xml and put it back where it belongs, the contents look like this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <tvshowmatching action="prepend">
        <regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
        <regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
    </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

My TV show counter tells me all 44 shows were recognized, however only 7 are displayed, these are with all the fanart that i was previously missing.
When i display files obviously everything is there but without any art and proper episode naming.

Whats going wrong ?

Edit2:
Today it starts up and scans everything except the stuff it passed on the previous run like nothing ever happened..
When i scan the folders manually it recognises them this time T_T... anidb was being a bitch ? ..Saaa~
Okay, just released that it`s now in the List, whyever...

I have here "M-ogui Last Order 01"
If I change it to "M-ogui Last Order e01" it is matching <regexp>[\s]()e(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?[^\\/]*$</regexp> <!-- Name E0x -->
but if I take the real name without the e <regexp>[\s]()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)?[^\\/]*$</regexp> <!-- Name 0x -->
is not matching it.

And if I rename it with Filebot it´s called: M-ogui Last Order -OVA
I knew, it can´t match. Because it doesn´t have an Episodenumber. But is there an way to say " If filename has OVA -> interpret as 01"?

Anyone a clue?
This is not directed to the anidb scrapper mod. So scudlee don't take more on yourself. You are already doing an amassing job taking care of the mod. Thank you for that. (39)
I just want to exploit the contact with all the people you drag in Wink

Music videos:
Just want to hear you all, if any of you have found an easy way to use anidb for the music videos they list?

Like Utopia

I usually make a nfo file for my music video file. And ends up with not more than the title usually.
So just thought it would be nice if someone out there knew an easy way to get and use the info anidb has.
To WhoEver it may concerns

There are those OVA's that has more than one episode like Shin Angel

So OVA 02 and so on would be a mess if OVA = 01

I have just learned to live with renaming the rare file not working as expected.

More about how I make them rare here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=64587&page=37
Hi! I`m missing something...

I follow the instructions from the first post

Installed AniDB.net from scudlee (V 2.1.0) (common, movies and tvshows) in my openelec running xbmc frodo...

then i use my anidb account (running client) to put the names in the right way, using the AniDB Client TagSystem Rules in the post...

And get my list renamed with a movie and a tvseries folder

When i put it into xbmc, the movies are detected ok...
but in the series... the add-on find the name and art from each serie but can't find the episodes.

Can anyone help me?

Tnks
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8