• 6(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
To achieve the first, you'll need to make a TV episode nfo file for the extra episode. So if your file was called foobar.s01e04.ext, then the nfo file would be foobar.s01e04.nfo and would need to contain an episodedetails block with at least the title, season and episode tags filled correctly in it (everything else would be up to how much effort you want to put in, but don't bother with the fileinfo).

For the OPs and EDs, if your file contained both the OP and ED, and you put "S00E101 & S00E102" in the file name, that will work. Both parts will be added to the library and point to the same file (you can create an episode bookmark fairly easily using the OSD, so that the "ED" part doesn't also start from the beginning). You can also just use the shorter "S00E101-102".

For the extra OP, same deal as the extra episode: make an nfo file. Just also include a <displayseason>2</displayseason> to ensure it gets listed with the OPs and EDs that got scanned in with the scraper (since that's what they use).
Thanks Scudlee, i just didnt look into the .nfo thing yet.. Thats very easy, a automation script for that is written in less than 10minutes! Thanks alot Smile
Lets hope i get to work, otherwise ill be back here soon Tongue

Oh i didnt ask for OP/ED in a single file, but that is still good to know! (Because i think i have 1 series which uses the Multiple Episodes in 1 file thing, (already looked fhe naming for those up))

EDIT: Another Question:

I am a fan of series-trailers and got those as well i tried putting a trailer.ext into my series folder, but that seems to not work

(Note: I do mean PV's but i do not want them to show in the episode list, i want one of them (first (or all together in row)) as a "trailer" and right clicking the Series -> TV Show Information should have a Trailer button just like Movies do which allows me to play it ..but ive read a couple threads about tv show trailer and it does seem that that is not yet supported, is that true?

(BELOW IS SOLVED)

(Not AniDB related but maybe it has to do with above:
Using Movie Name (Year).ext and Movie Name (Year)-trailer.ext in the Movie List works, but when i click that Trailer button it trys to open it via YouTube which mostly fails because its 1) slow (no matter what connection you have) 2) does not even find old movies)

Movie trailer thing = solved: it were the spaces in naming, i just use "_" now (since i have to keep year) now it adds the trailer the right way..
I don't think series trailers (in the same manner to movie trailers) are supported by XBMC. I think I recall a thread in Feature Suggestions asking for something like that, you should see if you can find it if you're interested.

You can, however treat the trailers as specials. If the trailer is listed on AniDB, then you just need to number it e.g. S00E201 (or rather, 200 + the "T" number) and it'll be picked up.
Quote of myself: "Note: I do mean PV's but i do not want them to show in the episode list"
So i did not want the S00E2XX way, but ok.. i guess theres no solution for that
By the way, could we get that trailers-as-specials numbering convention explained in the in-XBMC addon description? I keep forgetting about it, seeing it in there would help.
(2013-02-19, 21:09)DeadSix27 Wrote: Quote of myself: "Note: I do mean PV's but i do not want them to show in the episode list"
So i did not want the S00E2XX way, but ok.. i guess theres no solution for that

Ha, I realised as soon as I posted how utterly pointless my post was. Sorry about that. Funnily enough, that was post number 404 from me.

@Mihara I'll see how it looks in the description, but it'll might get relegated to a README along with a proper run-through of all the settings, etc. It still disturbs me that more people have downloaded my repo than this thread has views. There are probably lots of people using the scraper who don't even know you can add OPs, EDs, and trailers.
(2013-02-19, 22:00)scudlee Wrote: Ha, I realised as soon as I posted how utterly pointless my post was. Sorry about that. Funnily enough, that was post number 404 from me.

Yes.. hehe.. well I use .NFO now. I programmed a simple .NFO generator for that which retrieves the right images etc..
(2013-02-19, 22:00)scudlee Wrote: I'll see how it looks in the description, but it'll might get relegated to a README along with a proper run-through of all the settings, etc. It still disturbs me that more people have downloaded my repo than this thread has views. There are probably lots of people using the scraper who don't even know you can add OPs, EDs, and trailers.
Indeed I did not see that you can add OP/ED/Specials as well.. until I thought: meh isn't there a way to list PV/Ops/Specials/OVA's as well?.. and indeed there is!

You should make some kind of big "USAGE" Title and below the possible naming's for us newcomers. (Should be clearly seen on the first look of the post)
Is there anyway of having this scraper scrape fanart, clearart, etc off of thetvdb? Anidb has very limited artwork
(2013-02-23, 19:51)ItsColby Wrote: Is there anyway of having this scraper scrape fanart, clearart, etc off of thetvdb? Anidb has very limited artwork

Fanart, posters, and banners are all already scraped from thetvdb.org (and themoviedb.org where applicable).

There's no clearart on thetvdb.org, I presume you mean from fanart.tv? I considered putting them in, but the extra artwork types won't get picked up by XBMC if they're added via the scraper, until you run an add-on like the extra artwork downloader anyway, so there didn't seem much point. If that changes (and I hope it does), I'll add them.
I see. I really love your scraper so far, and I really hope extra artwork types will be added in the future. Need more eye candy!
Both scrapers updated to 1.1.1 to deal with thetvdb issues.

Big version bump still upcoming.
Okay, I am not sure what I am doing wrong but there's something wrong...

This is the setup I have for my files:
E:/Anime/Series/

In there I have:
[Coalgirls]_Elfen_Lied_(1280x720_Blu-ray_FLAC)
[Coalgirls]_Hyouka_01-12_(1280x720_Blu-Ray_FLAC)
Code_Geass_R2_[720p,BluRay,x264]_-_THORA

From what I can see those are up on AniDB, but I can't get the scrapper to "get it on". I created my advanced XML file in the userdata folder(under AppData/Roaming...). Have I missed something?

I installed the rep through the Zip.

If there's something you need let me know.
Are those your folder names?

XBMC won't clean them enough for the scraper to decipher the series. At least the first two, the leading square brackets and the episode range definitely won't get cleaned.

Code Geass R2 looks like it should work, though, but it may also come down to your file names - do you see an empty series in the library for this one?
Yes, they are my folder names.

I just got the episodes to work in Code Geass, art and everything looks like it shows up, though OP and Specials are still a mess.

None of the folders are empty(looking at files).

How should I rename the other two? Remove the brackets?
Clean folder names are always preferable, but you can have stuff in square brackets (just not at the start). Basically anything in these regular expressions will get removed (along with everything that comes after them).

Whatever is leftover will be assumed to be the title and be passed to the scraper.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8