• 24(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
I'am using this expression. Took me some time to create but it catched nearly every anime file
Code:
<regexp>(?i)().*(?:\D|^)(\d+)(?=(\[[^\]]+]|\([^)]+\)|\{[^}]+\}|[^\]\[(){}]+)*$)</regexp>
(2013-08-01, 12:58)borgmanjayce Wrote: I've got some good news which may be of help to those who are using your Modded scraper for OAV's and Hentai.

Works pretty well for me too, with the occasional need to manually rename from what FileBot chose, but I've got all my OAV and Hentai now recognized, completely with artwork. But just to confirm, it only gets TV Show data, not episode data, that you'll only get if there's an entry in thetvdb, right?

And no, it's not needed, I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Is there a "How to" page somewhere?

I am running anidb add-on 2.0.0 at the moment, but get banned easily, so I am interested in the request delay feature in the mod.

I have downloaded the scudlee repository zip file, and used the install from zip feature in XBMC and now have a Scudlee's XBMC addon Repository, under get add-ons, that is completly empty.

Where did I go wrong?

XBMC running on win 7, but I also use ubuntu on other machines. So database is on MySQL.
Re-check the repository as sometimes a newly added repository takes a while to populate.

If it's still empty, try going back to the list of installed repositories and doing a "Force refresh" from the context menu ('c' or right mouse-click).

@borgmanjayce: You won't get episode plots, episode thumbs, or fanart if it's not on thetvdb.com. You should get episode titles though, as they're taken from anidb.
(2013-09-27, 16:36)scudlee Wrote: @borgmanjayce: You won't get episode plots, episode thumbs, or fanart if it's not on thetvdb.com. You should get episode titles though, as they're taken from anidb.

Does that mean it should recognize the episodes and show them in the TV Shows tab? I've only got a single show with episodes listed and that episode listing is actually wrong. That's for Kuro no Danshou. Oddly enough, exporting the library the nfo files have the correct filenames but the info in the files is wrong, episodes 3 and 4 show as episodes 1 and 2. That's exactly what I've got in the TV Shows tab, episodes 1 and 2 are listed twice, though two of them actually do play episodes 3 and 4. For all other shows not in thetvdb the episode list is empty.

I've renamed all files and the according directory with FileBot, manually renamed the few instances where it didn't match. I've now got all TV Shows recognized and have the artwork for it, but no episode listing except for the one mentioned. Any ideas as to what I may be missing?

Thanks!

Edit: Just realized, do you still need to use the same format as you use for thetvdb? Naturally, I've used the FileBot default and named the episodes according to AniDB standard. Do I have to add a prefix of 1x to all my episodes for these to be recognized?

Edit II: Ugh! Why, oh why, didn't I think of that? Just tried it with one show and it picked it up just fine. Guess I'll have to go through all my episodes and add a 1x prefix to the episode number. No idea why that didn't occur to me earlier, must've been too AniDB focused. Undecided
I know this is not exactly related here but since anidb's forum is a ghost-town: is the anidb client shitting itself for anyone else under osx? I suspect it's Java (latest update) being shit, the file selection window is loaded in the background, then beachballs until I close the anidb tab. Anyone else with the same issue?

scudlee, do you know if your scrapper performs better ---in other words, overcomes XBMC's limitations--- when called from an external media manager into which it has been integrated (some managers integrate AniDB.net original and I suppose it would not be so difficult to substitute the MOD)?

That would depend entirely on the media manager. The only one I knew of that used actual XBMC scrapers only worked with pre-Dharma scrapers which were a lot more limited than the current ones (and would therefore not work with the mod).

Of course, I don't pay much attention to media managers, so whether that's still true or not, I don't know.
This is interesting. I always use a media manager to pre-fetch metadata and artwork because I have found that (1) they are faster than XBMC (2) they enable you to custom edit tag content, even drop tags (3) they automatically download things such as extrafanart which XBMC's library doesn't use however its skinning engine does.
All true.

My gripe tends to be that you become locked to the metadata that was available when you ran the media manager on the files in question. To update, you either need to run the media manager again AND refresh inside XBMC, or refresh inside XBMC and ignore the local data (at which point I ask why did I save the local data in the first place).

Leaving it all in the hands of XBMC just seems easier, especially when thetvdb can be slow in adding episode plots and thumbnails for anime titles.

Plus, if need be, you can always use mixed .nfo files to overwrite certain metadata whilst still getting the rest via the scraper (although, admittedly, that doesn't work for episodes).
(2013-09-30, 17:28)scudlee Wrote: My gripe tends to be that you become locked to the metadata that was available when you ran the media manager on the files in question.

That would be the same for using XBMC to scrape and then exporting the library into separate files, or? Or is there an option in XBMC to tell it to ignore local files? I've been looking for that. The reason I use XBMC to scrape and then do a export to local is that the eight other XBMC boxes in the house don't have to go through the process all over again. I'm using XBMC to scrape because I want to be 100% certain that XBMC can successfully scrape the new data as it is formatted, but I'll still be locked in, or? Now and then I'd like to run an update and leave it to the individual XBMC boxes as to whether they want to pick up these updates or not. Is this possible?
This scraper is great, but in some instances it doesn't scan anime properly or not at all. I think in such instances I will follow the suggestion of tvshow.nfo. However, there have been some problems for me personally. For example, the anime series Outlaw Star and Solty Rei are both 26 episodes in length, but because AniDB is so anal about getting everything perfectly, a couple are regarded as "specials" and aren't picked up by the scraper despite the fact the specials were present in the western episode listing. In fact, they are not added to the anime listing at all. So, does anybody know the most efficient way of having TVDB scan them instead? (Maybe I should try out the tvshow.nfo with the TVDB URL.)

Also, some series don't pick up any of the episodes. Three examples from my experience are Bakuman. (yes, the full stop is present in the name), Gurrenn Lagann and Ranma 1/2. They all appear to have correct scraped names, cover and background art, but the episodes aren't listed. Any ideas? I'm sure the advancedsettings.xml coupled with this advanced mod would pick them up even with the unusual naming conventions of some releases.
(2013-10-03, 15:26)Outlaw Mantis Wrote: This scraper is great, but in some instances it doesn't scan anime properly or not at all. I think in such instances I will follow the suggestion of tvshow.nfo. However, there have been some problems for me personally. For example, the anime series Outlaw Star and Solty Rei are both 26 episodes in length, but because AniDB is so anal about getting everything perfectly, a couple are regarded as "specials" and aren't picked up by the scraper despite the fact the specials were present in the western episode listing. In fact, they are not added to the anime listing at all. So, does anybody know the most efficient way of having TVDB scan them instead? (Maybe I should try out the tvshow.nfo with the TVDB URL.)

For Outlaw Star and Solty Rei, if you just number the "regular" episodes according to Anidb and the two "special" episodes as s00e01 and s00e02 respectively (or " - S1 - " and " - S2 - " if you're using the custom tvshowmatching from the first post), then the episodes will all show up and will be listed in the correct order (as long as you haven't messed too much with the scraper settings).

Using a tvshow.nfo with a tvdb.org URL will force XBMC to use the tvdb scraper for those shows. If that's the route you want to go.

(2013-10-03, 15:26)Outlaw Mantis Wrote: Also, some series don't pick up any of the episodes. Three examples from my experience are Bakuman. (yes, the full stop is present in the name), Gurrenn Lagann and Ranma 1/2. They all appear to have correct scraped names, cover and background art, but the episodes aren't listed. Any ideas? I'm sure the advancedsettings.xml coupled with this advanced mod would pick them up even with the unusual naming conventions of some releases.

If the episodes aren't showing up, then they're not being enumerated by XBMC. The regexps in the first post are designed to work with a specific format (after processing by the anidb client using the custom rules supplied), and don't work on most unaltered fansub file names.

You could try adding this generalized regexp by Sesshoumaru, or read this post to try and adapt the regexps from the first post to fit your specific file names.
Thanks for the reply. That's some good information.

(2013-10-03, 15:55)scudlee Wrote: If the episodes aren't showing up, then they're not being enumerated by XBMC. The regexps in the first post are designed to work with a specific format (after processing by the anidb client using the custom rules supplied), and don't work on most unaltered fansub file names.

You could try adding this generalized regexp by Sesshoumaru, or read this post to try and adapt the regexps from the first post to fit your specific file names.

Yes, normally I would agree. But in the case of Bakuman, inside its folder are three folders; Series 1, Series 2 and Series 3. All episodes follow the same format, such as "Bakuman S1 - 01". With such simple naming, you'd expect it to pick them up. So where would I place this regex? I believe this add-on came with a near-full anime XML which I placed both in the userdata folder and the add-on's folder. (I wasn't sure which was correct.)
(2013-10-03, 17:03)Outlaw Mantis Wrote: Yes, normally I would agree. But in the case of Bakuman, inside its folder are three folders; Series 1, Series 2 and Series 3.
First, because anidb treats each season as a separate series, each Bakuman series would need to be in it's own named folder: Bakuman., Bakuman. (2011), and Bakuman. (2012). Having them all under one (parent) folder won't work.

Each episode then needs to be named as being season 1 of it's respective "series". So the first episode of Bakuman. (2011) would be numbered (e.g.) s01e01.

(2013-10-03, 17:03)Outlaw Mantis Wrote: All episodes follow the same format, such as "Bakuman S1 - 01". With such simple naming, you'd expect it to pick them up.

No. That pattern doesn't match any of the the default patterns or the ones in the first post (or the one from Sesshoumaru (...probably)).

None of the custom regexps in this thread use a season as each anidb series has only one season, except for specials.

(2013-10-03, 17:03)Outlaw Mantis Wrote: So where would I place this regex?
In your advancedsettings.xml (wiki), with the other custom tvshowmatching regexps.

(2013-10-03, 17:03)Outlaw Mantis Wrote: I believe this add-on came with a near-full anime XML which I placed both in the userdata folder and the add-on's folder. (I wasn't sure which was correct.)

I have no idea what this means. If you're referring to the advancedsettings.xml, then that needs to be in your userdata (wiki) folder. Any other xml files associated with the scraper do not need moving or copying anywhere.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8