• 43(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
Well, after all I decided to store anidb id for my library to bypass the problem of the overlapping series in Kodi.

Since I always hoped for a complete support of my anime library in Kodi I took the chance to post a feature request on both Artwork Downloader and Trakt Addons topics to ask at least for a basic support of the anime-list-full.xml, so that artworks and scrobbling would be supported for our library.

Surely I don't hope for a quick solution, but I hope the issue will be adressed sooner or later.

That being said, I hope I've done nothing wrong taking the initiative. Should it be so let me know and I'll rectify my request in both threads.
Thank you.
Hi Xelloss,

Just a quick suggestion :
maybe you could strore thetvdb id for you main anime folder,
and only change this setting on the folder of your problematics series.
So Artwork donwloader will be Ok, and you have just du manually manage the artwork for anime with anidb-id
(2015-02-19, 20:57)gates Wrote: Hi Xelloss,

Just a quick suggestion :
maybe you could strore thetvdb id for you main anime folder,
and only change this setting on the folder of your problematics series.
So Artwork donwloader will be Ok, and you have just du manually manage the artwork for anime with anidb-id

Hi Gates, thanks for your suggestion! I thought of splitting my library in two branches, one with multi-season shows (anidb) and another with the ones without sequels or prequels (tvdb), but this would be problematic since I keep a relatively complex folder structure which take into consideration HI10 anime (for compatibility problems) and NOTHI10, then in each I have subfolders by resolution and so on. I'd have to rearrange all my library and my list (textual), and for a workaround it would be a pity.

By the way the developer of trackt answered me. He says that if I store the tvdb id trakt should be able to scrobble the right episode, as long the id stored is also the episode id and not only the show id. But this is not the case, right?
To be able to answer him and maybe solve the issue with these multi season anime, I tried a fresh install of Gotham, storing tvdb id, and all works fine here! So I did a clean install of Kodi (last build available, before it was the last stable), and the problem occurred again! Since in both cases it was a clean install I'd say it is a real bug and not just a problem on my machine, but I'm the only one experiencing it. I'm quite lost. :o
i've been running into a number of problems since my upgrade from XBMC 13 to Kodi 14 and as such, i've begun testing a new implementation of my system in house, however, i've been running into some issues with file recognition when dealing with Anime.
I've also been performing a mass rename/organization change to my anime directories (using AniDB O'Matic) which could be leading to some issues, but as i've been pushing towards a more "uniform" convention, i'm hoping that if I solve the one problem, i'll solve the rest as well.

Running a completely fresh install of Kodi, with the AniDB mod from the OP installed and configured, I seem to only be getting episode information for a select few shows.
All of my folders are recognized without issue, but the contents seem to be hit and miss.
Most notably, i'm finding anything using the following format is not being detected.
Quote:[GroupName] Anime Title - 1 [HASH].ext -- No Leading Zero on Episode Number (Occurs when season is less than 10 episodes)
[GroupName] Anime Title - 01 [HASH].ext -- Leading Zero on Episode Number (Occurs when season is >= 10 episodes)
[GroupName] Anime Title - 1v2 [HASH].ext -- Episode Number with Revision
[GroupName] Anime Title - S1 [HASH].ext -- Specials (Episode Number appears as S1/S2/S3/S3/etc.)
[GroupName] Anime Title - S1v3 [HASH].ext -- Same as above, but with revision number.
[GroupName] Anime Title 2 - 1 [HASH].ext -- Season 2/Episode 1, additionally, will the 2 which is denoting the season number be picked up as the episode number?
[GroupName] Anime Title S2 - 1 [HASH].ext -- Variant of above, S "could" also appear as other letter(s), R for example.
[GroupName] Anime Title (YEAR) - 1 [HASH].ext -- As remasters, rereleases, or even second seasons sometimes define a year, this format can happen too.

Some filenames being recognized are:
(These filenames will not be present and will follow the above format(s) once I have completed my naming changes)
Quote:Arigatou.Death.Note.Ep01.[x264.AAC][558F2901].mkv
[H-A]_Nana_EP_01_[E01183C2].mkv
[SHS-TW] D.Gray-man - 001 [DB146C6F].avi **(which is interesting, since [SHS] D.Gray-man - 007 [FA9E073F].avi doesn't get picked up)**
Arigatou.Blood+.Ep01.[x264.AAC][2CF30EA5].mkv

I'm not much use when it comes to working around regex sorcery, so i'm having trouble figuring out exactly what or where something is going wrong, or rather, how I can tweak this to my situation.
I'm currently using the advancedsettings.xml file defined at http://kodi.wiki/view/Anime#Scanning_fil...aming_them

I am also using the regexp contained in the OP (inline prior to the end of the prepend section of the tvshowmatching)
Code:
<regexp> - ()(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>
<regexp defaultseason="0"> - ()s(\d+)((?:-\d+)*)(?:v\d+)? - [^\\/]*$</regexp>

My full advancedsettings.xml can be found at http://pastebin.com/Uyyk7auY

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

[EDIT]
While playing around with some other expressions i've found throughout the forums, I hacked a couple together with the help of regex101.com and came up with these.
Code:
        <regexp>(?i)[-][-._ ]+S(?: ?)?(\d{1,3})[-._ ]*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{0,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?[-._ ]*(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][-_ ]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp>
        <regexp>(?i)()[-._ ]+(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?[-._ ]*(?:[A-Za-z_ ]+)?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][-_ ]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp>

As per the site, these should be able to match any of my expected filenames (as below), as well as any names not yet converted.
Quote:[GroupName] Anime Title - 1 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title - 01 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title - 1v2 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title 2 - 01 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title S2 - 01 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title R2 - 01 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title (2014) - 1 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title (2014) - 01 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title - Subtitle (2014) - 01 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title - S1 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title - S2 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title - S01 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title - S1v3 [FF37F77E].ext
[GroupName] Anime Title - S02v2 [FF37F77E].ext

Arigatou.Death.Note.Ep01.[x264.AAC][558F2901].mkv
[H-A]_Nana_EP_01_[E01183C2].mkv
[SHS-TW] D.Gray-man - 001 [DB146C6F].avi
Arigatou.Blood+.Ep01.[x264.AAC][2CF30EA5].mkv

Unfortunately though, when I put these into my advancedsettings.xml and comment out any other expressions, it doesn't appear to work at all.

=========================================

[EDIT2] - RESOLVED
Made some further modifications to my RegExps and now appear to have everything working as intended.
My "new" full advancedsettings.xml can be found here: http://pastebin.com/Jzy2vZnu

My changes/additions were...
Removal of all other RegExp, and the implementation of the following:
Code:
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<!-- Regular Season Episodes -->
    <regexp>(?i)[^S|C\T\d?v\d](\d{1,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?[-._ ]*(?:[A-Za-z_ ]+)?(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][-_ ]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp>
<!-- Specials ONLY -->
    <regexp defaultseason="0">(?i)[S](\d{1,3})*(?:ep?[ .]?)?(\d{0,3})(?:[_ ]?v\d+)?[-._ ]*(?:[[({][^])}]+[])}][-_ ]*)*?(?:[[({][\da-f]{8}[])}])</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>

This RegExp combo allows a standardized naming convention, following the format seen above.
It also allows you to rename Trailers/OPs/EDs using AniDB's numbering system, and as per the AniDB O'Matic naming system.
(Trailers prefixed with T##, OPs/EDs prefixed with C##, and Specials prefixed with S##)

Hopefully this can help someone else out.
Hey,

I'm new to Kodi but I'm trying to figure this out so my apologies if this is just me doing something stupid and wrong.

In my quest to add my anime to Kodi I've moved my files to a seperate folder (anime files that is) and added this folder as a new source with the anidb.net[MOD] scraper.
The show I'm currently trying to add is Fairy Tail. When I check anidb I found the one containing all 175 episodes ("season1") and used thatone in the scraper.
Now for some reason Kodi only recognizes 75 of the episodes while all the files are on my storage and there's nothing different about the last 100files compared to the first 75.

next to that I also added a folder Fairy Tail 2 (containing the "season 2") since it's considered a follow up show on anidb. For this I used the Fairy Tail 2014 entry from anidb but Kodi tells me I got no files of this show.

I've tried a few other things but just dont seem to be able to get this working..

Any hints/tips/suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or could troubleshoot?

Fyi: I'm using the latest OpenElec build on a Raspberry PI2 (should be Kodi 14.1 Beta)

Thanks you in advance!
(2015-02-28, 18:38)dirkr Wrote: In my quest to add my anime to Kodi I've moved my files to a seperate folder (anime files that is) and added this folder as a new source with the anidb.net[MOD] scraper.
The show I'm currently trying to add is Fairy Tail. When I check anidb I found the one containing all 175 episodes ("season1") and used thatone in the scraper.
Now for some reason Kodi only recognizes 75 of the episodes while all the files are on my storage and there's nothing different about the last 100files compared to the first 75.

next to that I also added a folder Fairy Tail 2 (containing the "season 2") since it's considered a follow up show on anidb. For this I used the Fairy Tail 2014 entry from anidb but Kodi tells me I got no files of this show.

Dirkr, not sure if you've figured it out yet or not, but I'll give it a shot just in case. Now, I know absolutely nothing about OpenElec or the Raspberry Pi and am assuming this part will be the same as Windows. Here is how I set up my anime to get everything to work with Kodi and the anidb.net[MOD] scraper.

I have a main "Anime" folder on the server along with "TV", "Movies", etc. Inside the Anime folder I have separate folders for movies and series. (I put OVAs in with series.) I then add them as separate sources so I can have all the movies in one play list and all the series in another. Each series should be in its own folder.

All of the series and episodes have to be labeled properly in order for the scraper to find them on AniDBnet. For the series name, I always use the "Main Title" name listed on the series page. Just copy it and paste it into the folder name.

I then rename all the episodes to include "s01e" in each name. I know the scraper has rules that is supposed to let it understand other naming formats, but I just always stick with "s01e". It always works for me and I don't see any reason not to add it. Just use a file renaming program to rename the whole folder at once.

So, for example, if I was adding Fairy Tail to my library, it would look like this:

server drive
Anime
series
Fairy Tail
....... Fairy Tail - s01e001v2 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv
....... Fairy Tail - s01e002v2 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv
....... Fairy Tail - s01e003v2 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv
....... Fairy Tail - s01e174 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv
....... Fairy Tail - s01e175 - 1080p.BluRay.x264.DHD.mkv

Fairy Tail (2014)
....... Fairy Tail 2 - s01e01 xxxxxxxxx.mkv
....... Fairy Tail 2 - s01e02 xxxxxxxxx.mkv
....... etc

AniDB usually treats each season as a separate show. So, in this case, looks like you would create a separate folder for it with the name "Fairy Tail (2014)". Then just add "s01e" to each episode like before. (You still add season 1 to the names even though it is really the second season because the scraper sees it as a separate show).

Hope that makes sense. The key for me is to just put each show in a separate folder, name the folder the exact "Main Title" name, and then add "s01e" in front of each episode number.
Thanks for the feedback!

I did play arround with 2 seperate folders (as anidb shows it as 2 seperate shows) but never considered the s01 approach.
I'll give a try tonight and see what happens!

Main reason I was confused because some episodes were found and some were not.. I'm now thinking these could have been false positives..
I hate having to rename my files but it seems to work..
As a test I changed a file from the second season (Fairy Tail 2) from [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail - 1 [720p].mkv in to [HorribleSubs] Fairy Tail - S01E01 [720p].mkv and it just picked it up perfectly.

Guess I'll do a full rename then and name all my anime series with S01 at the start Smile

Thanks again Thales!
I thought I would post this here since I figure you guys would be the most knowledgable about this. So I'm using this and filebot AMC to add my anime to the kodi library. It mostly works, but I was wondering if there was a way to get longer series divided into seasons in my library? Also, is there a way to get similar shows grouped together? Like for example, there are 3 seasons of Bakuman, but they show up as 3 separate shows in my library.
not yet

you can follow this thread :
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=68476
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=195174
sweet, thanks for the info! It's nice to know that it's in the works. We could figure out a way to pull show relationships from anidb since that information exists there. JMM for MediaPortal does something like this, but I got tired of that front-end. Kodi is a lot better, but JMM was great at managing anime collections. I kind of miss that program Sad
Hi i'm have issues to make Kodi detect the specials of Barakamon http://anidb.net/a10111
The Mijikamon part i mean.
My folders are in this way:
Anime
--TV Shows
----Barakamon
------Barakamon_ s01e10 <<< NORMAL EPISODE
------Barakamon_ s01eS11 <<< Mijikamon EPISODE

That should return Mijikamon: Episode 10 or something like that.

But instead it isnt even recognizing.

I'm new to Kodi, but i'm really in love with it.

Really need some help on this.
Also, how do you guys address the issue with Movies like:
http://anidb.net/a7565
And OVAs like:
http://anidb.net/a10392
hi SHJordan,

take a look on the first post of this thread.
special shoold be named with "S0Exx"

you can install the movie scraper (in the repo)

but for OVA with more than 1 entry, you have to use tv-show scraper and name with 01 or S01E01 (according to your advancedsetting xml file).
(2015-05-01, 19:58)gates Wrote: hi SHJordan,

take a look on the first post of this thread.
special shoold be named with "S0Exx"

you can install the movie scraper (in the repo)

but for OVA with more than 1 entry, you have to use tv-show scraper and name with 01 or S01E01 (according to your advancedsetting xml file).

I'm currently using Filebot to renaming, what would be the best approach then?

For anime i'm using this settings with anidb scrapper:
Doing this way because if dont i hit that 256 charset limit of files for some animes and it just blows to my face.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8