[RELEASE] [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
blackltea Offline
I have used this addon for several days, and I just like it so much.But only ONE question here:
How can I show these titles as Japanese? (The Anidb.net do has Japanese episode titles)

Thanks.

[Image: 9258ab406aac7682.png]
find quote
scudlee Offline
Team-Kodi Member
That's actually a fairly interesting omission on the part of the scraper. It's hard-coded to only ever use the English episode titles.

Should be a fairly easy fix to the code. I just need to take the code that handles the different language show titles and adapt it to work on the episode titles as well.

Assuming it is that easy, I'll update the scraper tomorrow with the fix.
find quote
scudlee Offline
Team-Kodi Member
One day late. Not too bad...

New feature in 2.2.0

Episode titles will now attempt to use the "Official language" setting (when you have the "Use the Official name" setting switched on).

Defaults to English if it's not available in that language.
find quote
blackltea Offline
Happy with 2.2.0, it works very well.
Thanks for your great job!
find quote
aendaene Offline
Hi, quick question. I seem to be having issues scraping episodes, and I'm not sure if it's because Kodi grabbed two separate version of AniDB.net [MOD]. One of them is 2.1.0 and the other is 2.2.0. Is there any way to disable/uninstall 2.1.0? There's not the usual button that lets me do so. Great scraper, and thanks for all your work on this!
find quote
scudlee Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Okay, I have a little confession to make. When I initially uploaded the update, I accidentally zipped up the wrong folder. I noticed and fixed the error pretty quickly (basically as soon as I downloaded it myself to test), so there was only a 10-15 minute window where it could screw someone up. It sounds like you managed to fall in that window. Sorry about that.

You need to find the zip file that's been saved to your computer and delete it, just trying to update from inside Kodi won't work because it will just keep using that saved file.

If you're on Windows, the file is in %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons\packages and is called metadata.tvshows.anidb.net.mod-2.2.0.zip

Alternatively, you can go to the File manager (wiki) in Kodi and add special://home/ as a source, and find and delete it through there (that should be system-agnostic).

You may also need to restart Kodi after deleting, as things went a little wonky for me trying to update again straight after, but they did eventually right themselves after restarting.
find quote
aendaene Offline
Ah, that was a bit of bad luck for me, but I followed your instructions and it is working again! I also needed to delete metadata.tvshows.anidb.net.mod in %APPDATA%\Kodi\addons and then restart Kodi.
Thanks again for your help, and for this scraper!
find quote