Win ghost files wont delete
i got onto my xbmc on my asus laptop that runs windows, i have downloaded 4 actual movie of my own onto it and now there are a bunch of files i never put on it. when i try to play them it wont play or do anything. when i try to delete them it doesnt work either. how do i get them off of my computer? i am new to this whole thing. [/size]
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Are these "ghost" files actual physical files on your hard disk or are they just XBMC library items?
They're just random files that got somehow put onto my Xbmc account thing. I can't open them and I can't delete them. I tried looking them up on my computer search thing and they're not even there.
(2012-10-17, 00:25)captainredbeard Wrote: They're just random files that got somehow put onto my Xbmc account thing. I can't open them and I can't delete them. I tried looking them up on my computer search thing and they're not even there.

care to show a screenshot of the files?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
it wont let me attach a screen shot off of my phone. its files like "winter sports" thats just a gold thing spinning for 15 seconds and movies that are in different languages on the discription, then when i open them it either does nothing or says it doesnt exist and asks me if i want to delete them.when i say yes it still doesnt delete them, i tried doing a library clean thing but it did nothing.
one of them is called "I Downloaded a Ghost"
Virus?
(2012-10-17, 00:25)captainredbeard Wrote: They're just random files that got somehow put onto my Xbmc account thing. I can't open them and I can't delete them. I tried looking them up on my computer search thing and they're not even there.
It seems you have items added to your XBMC library that are not associated with physical files. Try selecting the following options from the XBMC homepage: System/Settings > Video > Library > Clean library... > Yes
I've got one called "I know what you did, Ned Scott of Tucson, Arizona, and I'm coming to kill you.avi"

Weird, eh? I figure it's just a fluke.
could you open cmd window and type:

dir (path to your dir something like d:\movies) >c:\list.txt

example:
Code:
dir d:\movies >c:list.txt

this should make list of all files in that folder
Boot into a live linux dvd and you could easily find and delete the files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ghost files wont delete0