Controlling WMC and XBMC with one remote?
HI all. I use the standard issue MCE remote to control XBMC 11.0 on Win 7 Home Premium.

I recently went to OTA antenna for TV and need DVR. I have been using WMC for this thus far. But I have been needing to use the mouse to launch and exit WMC and then can manipulate WMC with the MCE remote.

I use Autohotkey with the standard script to launch XBMC with the MCE Green Button. Obviously this does not work for launching both XBMC and WMC.

Can I somehow use AHK to launch and close both programs? If not, is there some other suggestion? I have heard of Event Ghost but have never used it. It seems to be a big deal to make it work with XBMC let alone both XBMC and WMC.

Thanks all for any help.

Gregg
This has been covered by several thread over several years. Do a search, all the info you need is readily available in those threads. And event ghost is simple to use...
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
In your case mce button is configured to launch xbmc using autohotkey. So use any other button to start wmc by editing the script. Another idea is to create a small gui that will show two options xbmc and wmc when pressing the green mce button, and launch the desired application using remote control.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Controlling WMC and XBMC with one remote?0