Message to freezy: Are you still working on the Android Remote
This is specifically for freezy, the maintainer of the Android Remote: Are you still working / planning to work on the Android remote?

Otherwise, it would be nice to foresee a transition to someone wanting / having the time to do at least maintenance...
For the time being, there is work being done on different forks without centralization, which is a pity...
Although I can't actually speak for freezy I've recently done some concept mockups for a new version of the remote that he seemed interested in and once he gets the current one working with Frodo he was going you have a look into it. But of course that's no promises, but if he doesn't feel like it I was thinking of going too xda and seeing who I can get interested
What worries me a bit is that there doesn't seem to be any actual activity in the Remote,'s GIT, while others (Tom) have actually done the work already.
Note that I have no specific love for this remote, it's just that it's the only floss one, AFAIK.

It'd definitely need some ui rework...
(2012-10-18, 15:20)Koying Wrote: What worries me a bit is that there doesn't seem to be any actual activity in the Remote,'s GIT, while others (Tom) have actually done the work already.

Yes there is. He is doing a rewrite of the JSON generator that the remote uses. After that he will fix the remote
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Nice to hear although what already exists works pretty well and it's a bit strange his work is not public and he's not responding in person...
Work is public. See his repo.
He is just busy i guess
Re repo, is there another one? There are only 4 minor commits since April on github...
https://github.com/freezy
Ah ok. Thanks.
What has been said. Sorry I've neglected this forum but I was really busy with other stuff in real life. Picking up again, codegen is first, then lib integration with JSON-RPC, then a rewrite heavily based on Jezz's mockups.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Can I help coding?
Of course, the source code is available here. If you dare to dive into it, you're more than welcome, but I'm nearly finished. Generated code is compiling and quering JSON-RPC successfully, now it's mainly checking that all border cases work.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Very cool Freezy, please let us know when it's available!

Hans
I don't really understand how git's work and stuff, but my remote has stopped working since i upped to frodo alpha 7. Is there anything I can do with the files in the repo to get it working again?
(2012-11-13, 21:33)Pitbull_Raven Wrote: I don't really understand how git's work and stuff, but my remote has stopped working since i upped to frodo alpha 7. Is there anything I can do with the files in the repo to get it working again?

No.
But you can temporary use the build from tombriden
https://github.com/tombriden/android-xbm.../downloads

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Message to freezy: Are you still working on the Android Remote0