Smart crossfade/gapless playback
had a search and couldn't find this suggested before, but, would be nice to have an option to only crossfade when the proceeding track is not sequential (eg same album, track num + 1), so that when playing randomly you'd get the inbetween track fades, but otherwise it would play like a "normal" cd.

taking the idea a step further, if the next track was sequential, then see if its initial sound level is 0 (eg from a cd with gaps between tracks) else start playing the track as close to gapless as possible with the previous one (particularly useful for trance...)

hopefully the above makes sense!

james
Quote:had a search and couldn't find this suggested before, but, would be nice to have an option to only crossfade when the proceeding track is not sequential (eg same album, track num + 1), so that when playing randomly you'd get the inbetween track fades, but otherwise it would play like a "normal" cd.

that's a great idea imo. the second part of your request doesn't sound like something that would happen though...
added an option to disable crossfading for albumtracks based on albumtitle and tracknr. only (small) downside is it will also not crossfade 2 sequential tracks from the same album that happen to end up after eachother on a random playlist.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(charly @ aug. 21 2005,18:37 Wrote:added an option to disable crossfading for albumtracks based on albumtitle and tracknr. only (small) downside is it will also not crossfade 2 sequential tracks from the same album that happen to end up after eachother on a random playlist.
what you implemented is perfect. if 2 tracks from the same album play sequentially on a random playlist, i really could care less if they crossfade (plus how often does that happen?)
yeah it's not really a problem, just thought i'd mention it.
i really like this "crossfade my music but not when i'm playing an album" mode :d
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
me too! much appreciated that you found the time to implement it so quickly!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart crossfade/gapless playback0